Chapter 19; This Clichéness Will Be The Death Of Me

"The red rose whispers of passion, and the white rose breathes of love; O, the red rose is a falcon, and the white rose is a dove."

~ John Boyle O'Reilly

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    It's been five days since I accepted Peter's challenge. Well, I think it's been five days. You can never tell in Neverland. The bloody island is timeless. Five years could've passed and I wouldn't have noticed. What if I'm too late? What if Will dies before I find my way back to him? What if I lose the game and have to stay here forever?

    I hate "what if"s. They symbolize the doubt nagging me at the back of my mind.

    I've come to know Peter as someone who always, and I mean always, gets his way. I can still remember what Ray said to me when I told him about Peter challenge; You were foolish to accept Peter's offer; Peter will undoubtedly win the game, he always does.

    Maybe Ray is right. Peter always seems to be three steps in front of me. It's like I'm just another pawn in his giant game of chess. He's either an excellent actor or is unable to feel anything. I hope it not the latter, because if it was, the game might as well be over.

    Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew this time.

    I shake my head and push the negative thoughts from my mind. I can't afford to have those thoughts now. I have to win this game. I can't leave Will all alone. I owe it to him to win, to get back to him.
     Peter has made a few changes to my lifestyle on Neverland, one of which is my living quarters. I'm currently sharing a room with him.

    It wasn't my idea. Peter thought that this new arrangement would make his game more interesting. I didn't bother arguing with him. When Peter has set his mind to something, he'll move heaven and earth to get whatever he desires. That's just one of the few things that the two of us have in common.

    My training with Peter this morning was surprisingly uneventful. We just worked on my swordplay. Peter told me that with enough training, I might be able to beat Andrew in a duel. Which believe it or not, is a huge complement.

    I begin undressing myself until I'm left in my undergarments. I then dump my dirty clothes inside the woven bamboo basket next to the dresser. Yawning, picking out a baggy, dark green T-shirt and black shorts from the wooden dresser. I turn around and walk back towards the bed that I'm currently sharing with Peter.

    The sound of the doorknob turning stops me in my tracks.

    Oh shit.

    The door swings open without so much as a creak, and Peter pads in, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm underdressed. It only takes a millisecond for him to notice my attire.
    He raises his eyebrows. "Resorting to seduction, I see," he tsked. "I thought you were better than that, love."

    I roll my eyes, ignoring his comment. "Would it kill you to knock?"
    "I don't think I'd have to, seeing that this is my bedroom and all," he says.
    "Well, you could have at least asked if I was decent. Like a gentleman would've done," I say.

    "I think it should be clear to you by now that I'm anything but a gentleman," he says, taking a few steps forward.

    Touché.

    "Get out," I say, pointing at the door.
    Instead of complying, he just walks past me and gets into bed.
    "What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms.
    "I'm getting into bed," he replies matter-of-factly. "It's something normal people do."
    "I said get out."
    "No."