Chapter 50; The Race Against Time

"Whatever you love, that is your weakness."

~ Holly Black

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    "Oh, God, is he unconscious?" Emma asks, shaking Henry.
    Regina blanches. "Henry, can you hear us?"
    "He passed out as soon as his heart went into Pan," Neal states.
    "Is he breathing?" Regina asks worriedly.
    I grab his wrist, checking for a pulse. "I-I can't find a pulse."

    "What he hell did you do to him?" Emma demands as Peter descends from the sky.
    "Oh, I didn't do anything, Emma," Peter says, walking towards us. "It was Henry. He offered me his heart of his own free will."
    I place my hands over his chest, administrating CPR. "Come on, Henry. Wake up."

    Emma unsheathes her sword. "I'm gonna take it back from you."
    Peter raises his eyebrows looking at her as if the whole idea was absurd. Emma lunges forwards but Peter teleports away from her. He reappears a few feet away, and picks up something from the rocks.
    "I don't think you have it in you," Peter says, startling Emma.

    Peter repeatedly tosses Pandora's box in the air as he walks around the room. "Rumpelstiltskin didn't. Why should you?"
    "Where is he?" Emma asks, keeping her sword pointed at him.
    "What did you do to him?" Baelfire asks.
    "Oh, he's right in this box," Peter says, holding Pandora's box up for them to see. "Safe and sound. Out of the way."

    "Unfortunately for you, he can't hurt me anymore. And neither can you," Peter states, looking down at the box in his hand.
    "Really?" Emma asks, nicking Peter's in the arm with the blade of her sword. "How'd that feel?"
    "Like a tickle," Peter replies.
    I stand up, annoyed. "That's enough!" The adults look at me in surprise as I storm over to him.

    "Peter Pan you better give Henry back his heart or so help me—"

    "Forgive me for this, love," Peter says.
    I let out a humourless laugh. "Oh, you're gonna have to beg for my forgiveness at this rate."
    He cuts me off by wrapping his arm around my waist. I open my mouth to protest but Peter silences me with a wave of his hand.
     "I'm sorry."

   That's the last thing I hear before I black out.

-

Felix's P.O.V

-

    "Gold is in a box. And David can never leave Neverland," Snow White says. Distress obvious in her voice.
    "Mary Margaret, that doesn't matter," her husband consoles her. "I've already made peace with that. What matters is Henry."
    "How much time do we have left?" Prince Charming asks, turning to face The Evil Queen.

    "Maybe an hour before the preservation spell wears off," she replies.
    Baelfire sighs. "If he's airborne, he can be anywhere on the island."
    "Now is just as much time I suggest we get looking," Captain Hook says.
    The Evil Queen ignores Hook's suggestion, storming over to me.
    "Where is he?!" she demands, grabbing me by the collar.

    "Gone," I reply smugly. "There's nothing you can do. He's already won. Pan never fails."
    "You won't talk? How about I make you talk?" she threatens, moving her hand back to rip my heart out.
    The Saviour grabs The Queen by the wrist, stopping her from ripping my heart out. "Regina wait."
    "There's no time!" The Queen cries, turning to face the blonde woman.