That Camping Trip *Watty Awards 2011*

Yay so I'm actually writing a short story and entering it in the Watty Awards. It's going to be my first story I'm entering, so please vote. comment, and fan.

This story is about a fourteen year old city girl going camping with her family in the country. Let me just say her parents don't know much about camping and the girl 'meets' a guy in the woods. You'll read the story to understand what I mean by 'meets'.

Now I don't want to give to much away so go ahead and read and don't forget to

Comment

Fan

and

Vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I wonder if my parents understand 'camping'? Like I've watch movies about families going camping, the family sets up a tent next to a flowing river at sunset, then they go into the forest to gather wood for a warm fire in the clear night sky while telling ghost shories and roasting hotdogs and making smores. The next day they go hiking up a big mountain or go swimming in a lake close by, have lunch on a grassy hill, take photos of the good times they're having or of animals they see. Then it's back to camp and the guys go fishing while the girls read magizines they brought along. Then on the last day of the trip they pack everything up together and leave.

But what my parents mean by 'camping' it means...........well, um......rent a freakin' log cabin sitting next to a river and it includes everything that really isn't in a camping trip, like a pool, pricy furnishing, a kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc! Ugh, why did they have to make me leave the big city to live in a log cabin in the animal infested woods? Like come on, I don't get to see my friends for three whole days, nor the mall!! I swear this haves to be some torture because I'm failing American Histroy class. This is not going to make my grade go up!HELLO!? I really want to go back to the city, my friends are there and so is my gutiar in which my annoying parents wouldn't let me bring.

"Dame it!" I mumbled while looking down at my phone, "No service again." I said and I glared at my parents.

"Don't say those kinds of words, Kimberly." My mom told me and I rolled my eyes. We have been in this car for two hours now, and I'm getting cranky.

"Yay, Kimberly." My little brother, Joey mocked and I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back. "Mommy! Kimberly stuck her tongue out at me!!" He cried and my mom shot me a look that said, 'I'm going to take that phone away'. I just crossed my arms and sat back in the seat. This camping trip sucks already, I just want to go home.

"WE'RE HERE!" My mom then sang out ten minutes later and I rolled my eyes and gather up a few of my things and placed them in my bag. We then pulled up to a huge cabin, I stared at it with my mouth open. The front of the house was amazing I had to say, the garden filled with colorful flowers, a mini waterfall next to the wooden door of the house, the walkway was decorated with square shaped rocks of reds and browns. A garage next to the log cabin and it also had flowers around the outside, and then close by was the river. "Don't you guys love it!" My mom said getting out and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's nice." I lied and my mom just looked away. I have to say this place is amazing, wait I already said that.......oh,well. I went to the back of the car and pulled out my bag with my stuff in it and then my mom took my bag away from me.

"Me and your father will do this, you kids go look around." My mom then gave me a smile before heading to the house. I stared at her for a few seconds before shrugging my shoulders, pulling out my phone and texting my friends back in the city. I started to walk around in the woods randomly then I got a text from my friend Amy,