First look at Marriage Reunited

This is a sneak peek of the sequal to Unexpected Marriage.

It is Connor's story and does feature characters from the original. I hope you all enjoy it ;)

A low beeping emitted from the machine beside her and Lilly stared blankly at the monitor unable to summon the energy it took to view the still image upon it. She longed to reach her fingers out and stroke the image with the happiness that swelled in her the last time she had seen this image but she knew before they even said a word that it would be pointless for she would never feel that happiness again.

                “I’m sorry, Mrs Wentworth but there’s nothing we can do,” the doctor said confirming her suspicions and Lilly didn’t even blink in his direction as she continued to stare at the monitor even long after they had turned off the perfect little image.

                How could her day have ended like this? Especially considering how perfectly it had started out that morning.

                She had awoken to the glorious smell of bacon and French toast, her two favourite foods. Her stomach had both grumbled at the idea and rebelled against the smell making her swallow the sick feeling as her husband appeared in the doorway holding a tray of food complete with a vase of lilies.

                “We beat the odds,” he commented as he placed the tray carefully beside her before laying his well-built form next to her.

                “A month,” she acknowledged almost laughing at his infectious smile as he leaned closer to place a gentle kiss upon her soft lips.

                “And they thought we wouldn’t make it to your birthday but here we are. A month in to marriage with many more to come,” he boasted making her laugh aloud.

                “I’m sorry sweetie, but I don’t think I can eat this,” Lilly said regretfully as the feeling nausea strengthened making her wince.

                “I got you these,” he offered instead and Lilly gave him a genuine smile as she accepted the saltine crackers and herbal tea.

                “Where did you get these?” she asked suspiciously as she nibbled on the crackers, for she knew that their cupboards didn’t hold either of them.

                “Mom said they were a godsend when she was pregnant with Jaz,” Connor said and Lilly glared at him as she finished the last cracker.

                “You told your mother? I thought we agreed we weren’t telling anyone yet,” Lilly berated and Connor lowered his head in mock shame until she lightly punched his arm.

                “I didn’t tell her, she guessed,” he explained and Lilly raised her brows at him.

                “She guessed?”

                “It’s not like we can keep it a secret for long Lil, You’re already three months and soon you’ll be showing. Do you really mind that mom knows?” he asked with his little boy pout and Lilly fought not to laugh.

                Kaycee had practically been a mom to Lilly and she didn’t really mind that the older woman knew about her pregnancy but she had wanted it to remain just their secret for a little bit longer.

                “I don’t mind,” she finally said with a sigh and burst out laughing when Connor moved the sheet back so he could bury his head against her still slim stomach.