Chapter Three

Kaycee ran from his room as fast as she could ignoring the curious stares that greeted her as she hit the lobby of his hotel and carried on running out the doors and down the strip, only slowing down when she began to struggle to breathe. Finally slowing to a walk she glanced around nervously unsure of exactly where she was and forgetting for the moment where her hotel was. It was as she lifted a trembling hand to her aching head that she noticed something she had not before and that was a white gold wedding band adorning her ring finger. She froze in horror at the sight of the ring and fought not to faint.

“Okay, deep breaths.” Kaycee told herself gaining a few glances her way. Just get to the hotel and then you can panic about this, she told herself. Concentrating she remembered the picture that had been on the hotel, okay now what was it called? Pandora or something like that if she remembered correctly. With a sigh Kaycee began walking the strip searching for her hotel and hoping that she wasn’t running a wild goose chase.

She had been walking for about twenty minutes when she finally found it and with a grateful sigh she went straight to the check in desk and begged for a key grateful when something finally went her way and the young man behind the desk handed over the key card without comment.

Hurrying up the stairs Kaycee finally tracked down the room she had been staying in and unlocked the door grateful beyond words when it opened immediately. Holding her breath she stepped inside and let it out slowly with a smile at the image of her friends still passed out on their beds. Thank god they hadn’t realised she was gone. Slipping past them silently Kaycee let herself in to the bathroom and collapsed behind the door with her knees pulled to her chin. Closing her eyes she rested her weary head on them and wondered just what the hell had happened last night. How had a night out with the girls to get over her ex turned in to such a nightmare?

Just what had happened?

Kaycee banged her head repeatedly on her knees trying to remember what had happened and unable to recall more than little details. She remembered a jewellery store and the ring and an Elvis impersonator and then nothing. She didn’t remember going back to his room and she didn’t remember how he had come to be naked although she hoped the fact she had still been wearing her underwear was a good sign that nothing had happened. At least she hoped that was true.

            “Kay?”

Kaycee jumped as Hannah called through the door to her and she slowly slipped the ring from her finger hiding it behind her back as she got unsteadily to her feet and hid it behind her back. Opening the door she smiled at Hannah hoping she didn’t see the guilt written there.

            “Hey, what’s up?” Kaycee asked hiding behind her smile as she surveyed her friends weary features.

Hannah’s short black hair that was normally perfectly in place was all mussed and makeup had run down her tanned face, she was still wearing the red dress over her plump curves from the night before and looked as bad as Kaycee felt.

            “When did you get in? I don’t remember hearing you come in,” Hannah said suspiciously and Kaycee grimaced.

            “I wasn’t long after you, but you were both passed out when I got here so I just left you to sleep,” Kaycee lied hoping that Hannah did not see through it.

            “I don’t know what we were drinking but I feel like crap today, I don’t even remember half of last night. Do you?” Hannah asked and Kaycee frowned.

            “Um, sure. I remember most of it,” she lied not wanting her to realise what she might have done.

            “Hey girls, great night huh?” Vicky asked as she joined them looking more bright eyed than either Hannah or Kaycee.