Chapter 14

When I got to my room I tried to close the door but Ashton had his foot in the way, stopping it from closing. "Ashton, just go away." I said barely above a whisper. "No, let me talk to you." "You did that to hurt me and it did. You didn't realize how much it would until now and you thought I wouldn't see it so you wouldn't have to feel bad about it." I said and he just looked at me. "That's not what I was doing. I was trying to show myself that you aren't the only one out there that I could be with." "And how did that go for you?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "Not too great. It just proved that you're the only person I want to be with." He said and I shook my head. "We aren't talking about this right now." I said and forced my door closed, locking it after. I put my back to the door and slid down it, sighing and leaning my head back.

A S H T O N

When Liz closed the door I sat down with my back against it and was hoping she'd open the door soon. I'm going to wait here until she does. She has to come out eventually and I'm not done talking to her. I can't let her sit there and think I don't care. "Liz... I'm not sure if you can actually hear me right now but I'm going to wait for you to open the door. I don't want you to be upset. I don't want us to just stop because I was stupid. I'm so sorry." I said and put my head back against the door. I heard shuffling and then it sounded like something fell. Then something else. I stood up and started banging on the door. "Liz, what are you doing?" I asked as more crashing sounds were made behind the door. "If you don't open the door I will." I said and there was no response. I started hitting the door with my shoulder and it finally popped open. She was throwing things and her room was a mess. I couldn't watch that anymore so I wrapped my arms around her and forced her into a hug.

L I Z

When Ashton pushed into my room I was frustrated as throwing non breakable things. Easier to clean if they can't break. I do this sometimes. I get frustrated and need to let the anger out. Ashton forced me into a hug to get me to stop and I was trying to push him away from me. "Ashton, let me go." I said stubbornly and continued to squirm to get away from him. He finally let me go and I walked out of the room, him on my heels and I was trying to think of a place I could go to be alone. None came to mind so I stopped and made a stupid choice. "Ashton, I don't know why I'm getting so mad about this since Luke kissed me the night before he left this nice little bruise on my arm." I said and his face changed like it did when he saw me hugging Grayson. "And did you kiss him back? Have you kissed Harry too? What about Grayson? Is he actually your boyfriend?" "Now you're jumping to conclusions. I didn't kiss him back. I pushed him away and went in my room. And no. Grayson is just my friend." "You know what, I'm done talking to you." He said and walked away. Stormed off actually. I went back up to my room and locked the door sitting against it again. I don't want to talk to anyone. Ashton and Luke probably both hate me right now, I doubt Grayson wants to talk to me. There was a quiet knock on the door and I stood up, yanking it open. I was ready to tear off the head of whoever was bothering me now and then I saw Liam with his big puppy eyes and fell into a hug. "So you told Ashton." He said and I nodded. "I told him what you told me after it happened and he's cooling off. Just give him a little time." "Did you tell him everything I told you after that?" I asked suddenly panicking. "No no no. I left that out. I figured you'd want it to be a surprise if they decide to keep you." "Thanks, Liam." I said and buried my face in his chest. I want to disappear for a little bit. I need to. "Could you give me a little bit to be alone please? I really appreciate you checking on me but I need to be alone." I said and he nodded. "Actually I'm gonna go to the music room that we aren't supposed to be in." I said and he nodded. "If anyone asks you didn't just tell me that." He said and walked away from my room. I grabbed a few pages of sheet music and went down to the music room. I saw a piano in there when Luke found me so I figured I could practice a little. I made my way to the room pretty much not noticed and I sat down at the piano. I started messing with the keys to refresh my memory some and then started playing "Show Me Where it Hurts" by Jukebox the Ghost when I heard the door open. I cussed under my breath and immediately stopped playing. I turned to see Harry looking at me with a concerned expression. "Are you alright? Ashton stormed in our room yelling at me asking if we'd kissed and saying Luke kissed you." He said and I shrugged. "I was hiding out. Trying to give him a little time to cool off and stuff." I said and he nodded, coming to sit by me on the piano bench. "What were you playing?" He asked and I handed him the sheet music. "So you just bring sheet music with you when you go places?" "Bad habit. Worked out this time though." I said and he nodded. "So did Luke actually kiss you?" "Yeah.... He did the night before he left the bruise on my arm." I said just above a whisper and he nodded, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I'm not going to be mad at you about it. It happens. I do want to know if you kissed him back though." "No I didn't. And thank you for not being mad at me. I really didn't want him to kiss me." I said and leaned into his shoulder. He smelled nice, kind of forest-ish and I felt like it suited him with his green eyes and all. I looked up to see him staring down at me with a slight smile. "I think the last time you were this close to me we were at the movies and I was asking if I could kiss you." He said and I smiled, nodding. "Yes it was." "Can I now or would it make the situation worse?" "I'm not sure it would make it worse. It's probably frowned upon though." I said and we never broke eye contact. He's got the prettiest green eyes. He started to lean towards me and then someone cleared their throat in the door way. We looked over to see Niall standing there looking at us. "I won't say anything but be a little more careful. Ashton was looking for both of you." He said and walked away. I sighed and let my head fall on Harry's chest. "Did you want to kiss me?" He asked and I looked up at him. "I did actually." I said and he smiled a little bit. Not enough to make his dimples really pop but enough that they were showing. "Well, maybe another time then." He said and I pushed myself up on my toes and kissed him quickly. "Or right now." I said and smiled before starting to step back slightly, not that he let me. He was not fully grinning and his dimples were huge. "You kissed me." He said and somehow managed to kick the door closed. He leaned forward and kissed me, this one lasting longer which I'm totally fine with. I like Harry and I kind of forgot how much I like Harry because I was too worried about the whole thing with Luke kissing me and Ashton and Luke fighting over me. But Harry is always there. He somehow manages to pull me back up for air and I think I need someone like that, because if I don't have one I'll drown. I pulled away and felt my cheeks heat up. "So are you still considering me?" "I am." "What about Luke?" "I'm not." "And Ashton." "Ashton is complicated." I said and it was true. Ashton is complicated. For some reason no matter what he does I refuse to give up on him. Something in me won't let me give up on him. I need to figure out what that something is and why.