Chapter 13

A/n: okay so before I start I'm gonna try something different and recommend you listen to a song for part of it. I'll insert it but its Show Me Where It Hurts by Jukebox the ghost.

I woke up about 5 hours later and rolled out of bed, walking to the kitchen in my sweatpants and t-shirt to get a glass of juice and a pop tart. When I walked in the kitchen Luke was standing in the cooking something. I just silently walked past him and grabbed a glass and and the juice out of the fridge. Neither of us said a word but. I could feel him watching me. I grabbed a pack of chocolate pop tarts and walked out of the kitchen, glancing at him as I walked around the corner and saw him still watching me. He looked hurt. I decided it would be best to retreat to my room. Ashton and Harry have a boys day planned together so I'm stuck here hiding out in my room.

About an hour later the doorbell to the house rang. I assumed the guys just ordered a pizza so I left it until it rang again. I finally decided on the third ring that I should probably answer it. I walked down stairs and when I opened the door my jaw dropped. "Grayson?!" I yelled and hugged him. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as he hugged me back. "I got a call to come here for some special thing, so here I am." He said and I pulled him inside. "Did they say where you were staying?" "They said they had a guest house down the beach a little bit but I figured I'd stop in to see you first." He said and followed me through the house. "Let me go change. You can hang out in my room while I change in the bathroom and we can go walk around for a bit." I suggested and he nodded, following me to my room. I grabbed a loose tank top and a pair of cut off shorts before going into the bathroom and changing. I walked back into my room, throwing my dirty clothes on the bed and grabbing my phone before leading him out to the beach. We walked for a little bit, just catching up and he noticed the light yellow bruise on my arm. I've been trying to make it go away faster and it's worked for the most part but it's still noticeable. Unfortunately. "What's that?" "It's nothing?" "Is that the bruise that fückface left on you?" He asked and sounded mad. "Yes, but Ashton already took care of it. We are never actually alone so it's fine." "It's not fine, Liz. It's not okay for someone to do that to you." He said and started to make his way towards the house. I grabbed his arm and forced him to turn around, which was easier on the sand. "Stop. You're going to get yourself sent home. I can't stand hating all of the people except the ones trying to get girlfriends. Just please don't do anything to get yourself sent home." I said and he pulled me to him for a hug and I felt him rest his head on top of mine. "Fine. I'll be nice and stay out of trouble." 

He said and I heard someone walking in the water and stop. I pulled away from Grayson and saw Ashton standing in the water with a look I've never seen on his face. I looked at Grayson and made my way to Ashton. "Ash, that's Gray. He said he got invited here for something." "Okay." Was all he said and he walked away. He didn't look at me, didn't smile and his face was unreadable. I walked back over to Grayson and half way smiled, knowing I was about to leave to go see what was wrong with Ashton. "Gray, you go to the guest house and I'll meet you by the pool over here at 8?" I suggested and he nodded before walking away, looking irritated. I tried to quickly catch up with Ashton, but he was in the house before I could. I walked in the house and saw him turn down a hall way we aren't allowed to go down, but I don't really care right now. I need to know what's wrong with him. Once I saw him, he turned into a room that I've been in before. It's the same music room Luke found me in. I opened the door and saw him in there with another girl. I think her name is Casey, but I've never actually talked to her and they were really close. They didn't notice that I'd opened the door and he kissed her. I felt my heart sink and I turned on my heels before running out of the house and back onto the beach. I sat at the edge of the water and just let what happened process. He kept saying that I was the only girl here he liked and that I was the only one he wanted to be with. I guess that was all a lie. He doesn't care. I stayed on the beach with the water hitting my legs occasionally until my phone started ringing. I looked at it and saw Grayson's name on my screen. "Yeah?" I said and my voice was strained. "Are you okay? Where are you?" "On the beach." I said and ended the call. I tucked my phone back in my pocket and ignored it every time it rang. I had my arms wrapped around my legs and the water couldn't reach me anymore. I heard someone walking up behind me and didn't even bother to turn. I don't care who it is. I don't want to talk to anyone. "Liz, why weren't you answering me? How long have you been out here?" I heard Gray ask and I just shrugged, not looking away from the water. "Liz, what happened? Why are you out here by yourself? What? Did lover boy not want you?" He asked and I didn't look at him. I just got up and walked towards a pier near by. I got to the end and my feet were hanging off. I heard him follow me the entire way. "Seriously? All of this because of some stupid pop star you met on a dating show you didn't want to come to? This was a joke. You don't even want to be here!" He said raising his voice at me and I just felt numb. I thought Ashton really cared about me. I thought he cared. "I'll talk to you tomorrow when you've had time to think about this." He said and walked away, obviously frustrated with my silence. I heard him walk away and I just looked at the water bellow me. It's dark out so I can't see much past the top of the water and I couldn't help but think what would happen if I jumped in. I know it's high tide. Gray is pissed at me because I've been silent but I don't know what to say.

I don't know how to respond to this. Don't know what to do. Don't know. Don't.

I heard footsteps running towards me and I turned to see Ashton and Harry coming towards me. I turned back to the water and felt my eyes sting. I don't want to look at him. "Liz, what are you doing out here?" Harry asked, kneeling next to me and when I looked at him his expression changed. He looked worried. "Liz, why are you out here?" Ashton asked and I shook my head, still looking at Harry. "Ashton, go away for a minute." Harry said, not looking away from me. "I'm not going anywhere. I need to know what she's doing out here. I need to know that she's okay." He said and I shook my head and stood up and didn't think about what I was doing. I turned to him and my eyes started stinging again. "I'm not okay. I don't know what the hell you think this is, who the hell you think I am or who the hell you think you are, but you can't just play with people's emotions. You can't just tell me that I'm the only person her or anywhere else you want to be with and then turn around and kiss someone else just because I hugged my best friend that I've been away from for weeks on this stupid show!" I answered and was yelling, walking towards him. "You saw that?" "Yes I did because I was trying to see what was wrong with you. What I did and why you were mad, but you obviously have other things to worry about than me. Other people to see than me. Other people to make l... Have feelings for you and toy with." I said and and turned back towards the edge of the pier, looking at the water again. "Liz, that isn't something you were supposed to see." He said and touched my shoulder. I shook his hand off and turned to go to the house, him on my heels the entire time.

Authors note:

So the picture below is the part of the beach I'm picturing:

(By the way I took this picture. Pretty bomb, right?)

But the song I was listening to for the last half of this was Show Me Where It Hurts by Jukebox the Ghost. If you haven't listened to it you totally should.