Chapter 10

Once I told Liam who I was really here for he looked like he wanted to be happy for me but he was sad for the other guy at the same time. "Well, all I can say is do what makes you happy." He said and hugged me. "Thanks, Liam." "Go try to take a small nap and I'll get someone to go wake you up before we start doing anything." He said and I nodded before walking up to my room and falling asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

Two hours later I was still asleep and felt my bed dip behind me so I rolled over and looked to see who was in my room. I looked up and Ashton was sitting on my bed. "Liam made me and Harry Rock Paper Scissors over who was waking you up. I won." He said and smiled at me. "What are we supposed to be doing today?" "Well, they're announcing who is going on dates when and then if someone's got a date today they're going." He said and I nodded. "So I can be lazy all day. Sweet." I said and he pulled me out of bed before kissing my forehead and leaving me to get dressed. I pulled on a maroon skirt with a black t-shirt and put my hair in a lazy bun before sliding on a random pair of flip flops and walking down stairs. "Did you get some sleep?" Liam asked when he saw me, after hugging me. "Yeah, thanks for sending Ash up to get me." "He was pretty much jumping at the chance to go up there." He said and I laughed. As soon as Ashton and Harry saw me they both made there way to me. "Since you told me to surprise you with our date, it's going to be a complete surprise and I'm not telling you anything. You just have to wait until we get to where ever we're going." Harry said and I nodded. "Sounds like a good time, but you do know I'm going to bug the shit out of you to find out, right?" "I figured as much." He said before getting pulled away by someone else. "So I've put a little twist to your idea for a date." Ashton said as soon as Harry was out of earshot. "Oh really? Are you going to tell me?" "Absolutely not." He said and smirked at me. Liam called for all of the guys so he joined them, shooting me a smile after he did. I smirked and they went over who would have dates on what day and Ashton has dates the days Harry doesn't and Harry has dates the days Ashton doesn't. There's one day they both have dates and they're picking the final 8 for those dates, it's just going to be a matter of the final 8 picking them. We aren't going to know who picked us, but we're supposed to know who we want to pick us. As it gets closer to the decision I get a little bit more nervous because I don't want to pick someone and regret it once I think about it and I'm not even sure if they're going to keep me. I know there has to be a final 8 so two people can't pick the same person. "Ashton and Liz have a date tonight." Liam said out loud, catching my attention. My eyes shot to Ashton and I saw his cheeks red and a big smile on his face. "Liz and Harry have a date on Wednesday." He said and that's the day after tomorrow. I saw Harry flash me a toothy grin and felt my cheeks heat up some. Once Liam finished calling out dates the guys broke apart, Ashton coming to me while Harry went over to the other girl he chose, Claire. "So wear something comfy but warm. And appropriate for sand. I'll have a few blankets, but sand is ridiculous." He said and smiled at me. "You seem happy." I said and he just shrugged, the smile still spread across his face. "When do you want me to meet you out there?" "In about an hour at our usual spot." He said and I nodded. "I'll see you in an hour, then." I said and moved to walk to my room and change. Once I go to my room I slid on black leggings with a navy blue floral print sweatshirt and plastics flip flops just because they're easy to get on and off. I got bored waiting and painted my nails and light pink color and they dried before I had to be down there. When I walked outside it was a bit chillier than normal and I put my arms around myself, trying to keep myself warm. I felt someone set a jacket on my shoulders and I looked to see Ashton. I slid on the black varsity style jacket and smiled as I pulled it further around myself. It's warm. Ashton had blankets thrown over his arms and lead the way to our normal spot on the beach. There was a giant screen sitting in front of us and I saw a projector behind us. "A projector. A+, Irwin." I said and he smiled at me. I helped him straighten out the first blanket and he handed me on, keeping one to wrap around himself. We sat down and Quest to Camelot started playing. I smiled and tried my best to get comfortable, which didn't work until we made a pillow under our blanket in the sand, which we both used. We were laying decently close but not cuddles and I felt myself getting colder and before I knew it my teeth were chattering. "Are you getting cold?" He asked and I nodded before he moved around to wrap his blanket around me too and unfold the extra blanket he brought. He wrapped his arms around me, my head laying on his chest now, and I warmed up quickly. I felt myself dosing off and his arms tighten around me. I fell asleep before the movie was even half way over.