Chapter 8- Attacked

Chapter 8

Adam’s POV

I had no way of contacting Walter. Since he wasn’t a witch like us, I couldn’t conjure him up with a ritual. But I needed to know more about that necklace.

“Hey babe.” Liz beamed and wrapped her arms around my waist.

I smiled down at her. “Class is over already?”

“Yep. And I got the notes so Riley will be able to copy them.” She told me. “It’s the least I can do after what happened to her.”

I kissed the top of her head and pulled away to smile at her. “Did I ever tell you that you’re way too nice?”

“No, but I wouldn’t mind if you say it again.” She teased.

I set my hands on her hips and grinned down at her. “You’re the prettiest, sweetest girl ever.”

She kissed me lightly on the lips and giggled. “I know. Now, come on.” She said, grabbing my hand. “It’s almost dark and we’re supposed to have a dinner date in my dorm. Remember?”

“Of course I remember.” I lied. I’d forgotten about it completely because I was worried about Riley the whole day.

“Then let’s go.” She smiled. “I made chicken alfredo.”

Riley’s POV

Biting my lip, I swung my legs over the side of the bed carefully. I slowly let my feet touch the floor and stood up, only to fall back down onto the bed. My legs were still killing me.

With a sigh, I looked at my legs that were bandaged up. I wonder when I’ll even be able to walk again with my legs banged up like this. Maybe a couple of weeks. Or a couple of months.

I ran a hand through my hair in thought. That witch did this to me. Would that mean more will come after me? I mean, I’m not even a witch only—

Use your powers, Riley. Blow out the flames.

That’s what Josh had said to me when he attacked me the other day. I didn’t even notice it until now. He knows that I have powers. He expected me to blow out those flames. Maybe I do have powers?

“Okay.” I tucked my bangs behind my ears and stared hard at the bandages on my legs. “Um, heal.” I whispered to it. I slapped my forehead, feeling stupid for talking to myself. Maybe this isn’t going to work after all.

But I have to try.

“Abracadabra.” I tried again. “The Power of Three will set us free?” I tried. Still nothing happened. I shouldn’t have expected spells from the show Charmed to work anyways. I mean, Adam didn’t talk when he did it. I think he just thought about it and then it happened.

Oh wait! The necklace!

He said that it was some kind of protection necklace. Maybe it can heal too?

I reached around to the back of my neck and unlatched the necklace. I caught it in my hands before it fell. With a deep breath, I lifted it near my legs and waited a moment while it did its magic. But nothing special happened.

I groaned in frustration and tossed the necklace at the wall across from me. Realizing what I did, I jumped off the bed and ran towards it. I flipped it over to make sure it wasn’t damaged too much. Luckily, it wasn’t. I clipped it back around my neck back where it belonged.

Before I made it back to my bed though, I noticed what just happened.

I had ran all the way to the other side of the room without having to struggle.