Twenty-Five -Not Without Me

Hi, Readers! So excited to bring you this chapter. (Still another part to come.) Thought I would mention, I've added some gifs (repeating video clips) to the book. Here are a few of the chapters they're in if you want to look back and check them out: Blurb & Pitch, Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 7, Chapter 15, Chapter 24 and there's one below in this chapter too. I will be adding a few more as well and will try and keep you up to date when I do.

"Love sometimes comes like a dream and leaves like a nightmare." —Unknown

"You went through my underwear drawer?"

His eyebrows raised, then a grin spread across his face. "What? It's not like I've seen you in those. Oh, wait—I have." He nodded and whispered, "Definitely, wear the lace bra."

"Argh..." I washed my hands down my face, then grabbed a pillow off the bed and chucked it at him. "That was an accident! It's not like I intentionally arrived in your bedroom half dressed."

He shrugged, then gave a look that suggested maybe I had. "What can I say, I must be one of your most inner desires for that to happen," he said with confidence. "Besides, I'm happy to consider all clothing unnecessary when it comes to you. See how flexible I can be." He chuckled and brushed something off his shirt.

Utterly intolerable. How did he end up in my life? Ugh. I let out a long sigh, then shook my head. "Very kind. Now, if you can get out." I pointed toward the door.

"What? I don't get to watch?"

"Uh, no, you don't."

"Fine. But I can't say I'm happy about that," he said, closing the door.

I hopped out of bed and quickly changed into the clothes he had tossed at me. I contemplated grabbing a different bra out of the drawer, just to spite him. But it ultimately didn't matter. It wasn't like he was going to get to see it anyway.

When I draped last night's dress over the chair, I noticed the large blue knapsack sitting in the seat. Kellan must have brought it in this morning. I could feel my fingers itch to get inside and snoop a little.

"Do all girls take this long to get some clothes on? You better hurry up, or I'm going to come in and get you."

"Don't you dare! I'm almost done, just give me a minute."

Curiosity was killing me. I unzipped front pocket of the bag and a leather bound book slid out and landed on the floor with a thud. Crap. I grabbed the book and gave the pages a quick fan. It was a journal of sorts. The pages were filled with notes, drawings, and folded papers stuffed between the pages.

The knob on the door rattled. "Okay, time's up," he said, opening the door. I bent my arm and hid the book behind my back. "What is taking you so long? Oh, you are dressed," he said, with a disappointed look. "But before we go downstairs," he said, running his hands down my arms, "Let's just see what you have behind your back." He plucked the book from my fingers and held it above my head.