Thirteen - Fifty / Fifty

"I don't understand, is silver a bad thing?" I asked starting to feel a little anxious by the way she was acting. I took a seat on the bed. When she didn't respond, I prompted her again. "Sage, you're really starting to freak me out."

"Oh sorry, what?" she replied still deep in thought.

"You can't say something like that and leave me hanging. What's wrong with having silver in a flourish?"

"I think you're a Weaver," she said as if she was still in thought.

"A Weaver? What the heck are you talking about? I'm not weaving anything."

"Okay, just see if you can help me out. I know your memories are pretty sketchy, but how much do you know about your parents?"

"My parents? What do they have to do with this flourish thing?"

She sighed sounding a little frustrated, "Just bear with me for a moment. What I'm really wondering is if it's possible that either of them had a necklace or bracelet with beads or stones on it? Something like this maybe?" she asked as she tugged on the charm necklace around her neck drawing my attention to it. I could see there were a series of different colored stones strung along the silver chain she was holding, each one wrapped in a silver design securing it to the chain.

"Well, I don't remember much about either of them. My dad was Gran's son, so I know a bit more about him from what she's told me. There are pictures around here of him too. However, my mom is another story. I don't remember anything about her. Gran says my parents got married somewhere foreign, so she never met her. Apparently, we lived where my mom was from up until the accident. Then I came to live with Gran after that. As for the charm necklace, this used to be my mothers." I pulled the necklace out from underneath my shirt. "Is this what you're asking about?"

"Ha, ha, ha! I knew it!" she said dancing around my room.

"Uh, knew what? Care to fill me in?"

"Your Mom, she was like me and would have been from Acklemar, it's in a realm, light years away from here. But given your Gran's talent for cures, I'm guessing your dad was a witch."

"I believe you mean wizard. Hey, wait a minute are you saying you're not from here, and you think my Gran's a witch?"

"Yes, and yes I think she is. As for your dad, witchcraft is not my one of my areas of expertise, so fine call him a wizard then. Anyway, you're missing the point. A Weaver is someone with magical parents from both worlds, like yours."

Still not buying what she was saying about my Gran or her being from another world I butted in, "There is no way my Gran is a witch, so that puts a huge hole in your theory. Even if I did believe you're from this Achelmyer place." I was trying to ignore the UFO poster on my wall behind her, with its big bold message I Want to Believe that was scrawled across it, making me feel like the word hypocrite should be written across my forehead.