Twenty-two (Part Two) Once in a Blue Moon

Hey, Everyone! As I write this chapter, I can see how close I am to finishing this book. (Only a few chapters to go.) There is a sequel already planned too, so I hope that makes you smile. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this chapter, if you have a moment to post a comment. As always, edits are welcome.

 As always, edits are welcome

Jax lowered his head and nuzzled my ear with his nose. "Hmmm, can I tell you my plan now?" he whispered. My skin flushed as he dragged his fingers down my arms until he grasped my hands. The music thumped and vibrated through the floor as we danced.

Listen. Kellan pleaded. Come on Wren... Ugh, his interruptions were such a buzz-kill. Nope, wasn't listening.

"Plan? For us?" I answered Jax. Yeah, I wanted to hear that plan. A smile graced my lips when I thought up few inappropriate options we could consider.

He smirked, then said, "That too...but I promised to tell you about getting your mother out of the Keep."

My mom? Oh yeaahhh...my mother! My brain swirled like I'd been on a carnival ride for way too long. No wonder I missed what he was referring to. Then he spun me so fast, that when I stopped turning, I landed against his chest, face to face. I could feel his taut muscles against me as I tried to catch my breath. "Plan. Yeah, about that. How do you think you can resolve that little problem, Your Highness?" I said poking my finger into his chest. That kind of hurt, I thought, then I looked at my finger. What's he made of? Metal?

He laughed and looked at the finger I just poked him with. "That's the easy part. It's a tradition that when the Second takes a bride, his partner is presented with a gift. Usually, it's land or Acklemarian stones, but I thought I could issue a full pardon for your mother instead."

I threw my arms around him, as squeezed him so tight he coughed. "Really? You can do that?"

"Yeah, I can." He adjusted his arms, pulling me in closer. "Like I said, that's the easy part. The hard part will be dealing with how my father will react to the news. Let's just say, the beast in him will want some retribution from both of us when he finds out. Fortunately for you, that's something I'll be happy to face if you're with me." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

Wren...you need to listen to me. Please. Kellan chimed in, again. Watery boy had terrible timing.

Ohhh, water. I could use another drink. I was sooo thirsty. When I looked up at Jax, the lights in the room streamed and danced behind him. I was so happy to hear I could get my mother out. I felt like giggling. "Okay, I'm in." I hiccupped. "Let's do this ring thing!"

He sighed. "I'm pretty sure that's not the most romantic answer someone has ever gotten to their proposal." He chuckled and shook his head. "There's no way..."

"Wren!" Sage interrupted. "There you are! Sorry, Jax, I need to borrow Wren for a moment, you know, for girl stuff."

"Hey, Sage." There were two of her standing in front of me, "You have a twin!" I laughed. "I didn't know you had a sister. Maybe you both can be my bridesmaids. I'm getting married. Partnered up? Whatever you call it, yeah, we're doing it."