Twenty-four (part two) -Nothing Sacred

Hi, ALL!  Hope you're enjoying the book.  ONLY ONE chapter left (it will be in two parts), then on to the sequel. Thank-you for all your support and continued reading. This chapter goes out to a few fans begging for more on ROBIN.  Here's a glimpse into his past. :)

As always, edits suggestions are appreciated. 

My sleepy thoughts quickly turned to dreams. A shadowy world unfolded in front of me like a movie of my past. As the memory played, I stood and watched the scene unravel before me.

"What do mean leave?" I yelled, leaning over the edge of the cliff. "Oh my God, you're hurt!" Crimson stains covered Kellan's shirt, and he had a cut above his eyebrow that was dripping blood down the side of his face. "Your arm looks awful. Are you able to move it?"

He shook his head. "Wren, you're not coming down here," he yelled. "Go on, just get some help. If something happened to you, I'd never forgive myself."

Overprotective, as usual. I dusted my hands off on my dress and grabbed the bundle of rope from my bag, then tied it around the horn of Amaress' saddle.

"Okay, girl," I said, rubbing her nose, then I stopped and pointed a finger at her. "Stay. Don't you dare move, until I yell up to you. You've caused enough trouble for one day." After a long stare, I patted her nose again, then grabbed the rope and tossed it over the cliff. Sitting with my legs dangling over the edge, he was yelling at me from below.

"Argh." He huffed below in frustration. "Can't you just listen for once?"

I couldn't place my foot without my shoe slipping off the rock below, so I hoisted myself back up, then yanked my shoes off. Now barefoot, I grabbed the rope and flipped myself over and tried again.

"Wren, don't you dare—"

My bare feet were already hanging over the edge. I smirked when I yelled back, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you were rescued by a girl." I laughed as I maneuvered my way down the rock face to the ledge he was standing on. Jumping from a large boulder, I landed next to him. "You were saying? I couldn't quite hear you on the way down to help your royal butt."

He stared at me with a confused look on his face, like he was trying to decide if he was going to punch me for not listening or kiss me for not wanting to leave him behind. But before I could see what happened next, the cliff turned into a polished slab of marble making up of the Fire Circle's palace walls.

I could feel someone grab my elbow and haul me into one of the alcoves away from prying eyes. When I turned, I dropped the book I was holding on to the floor. Robin casually bent down, picked it up and passed it back to me.

"I know you don't love him," he stated from out of nowhere.

"What? Jaxon? Why would you say that?" I felt myself say defensively. I swallowed and stuffed one hand into the pocket of my dress.