six

*one month later*

"do you like dogs or cats?" christian asks.

"dogs," opal replies. "how do you take your coffee?"

(idk how christian takes his coffee so bare with me) "whole cream with one sugar, what is your favorite planet?"

"venus.. yes, venus. what makes you happy the most?"

"writing and you." christian says. opal smiles wide, her cheeks getting red and covering a lot of her eyes. "are you a morning person?"

"heck no," opal scoffs. "what do you like to do on lazy days?"

"write and watch youtube. sunrise or sunset?"

"sunset. do you wear socks around the house?"

"i hate socks with a burning passion, opal. what is one thing you are deeply afraid of?"

"bugs. i ran out of questions."

"me too."

they sit in silence, enjoying each other's presence for a bit. they watch people talk and eat. it's rush hour, so more people than normal come in the small shop for some quick coffee.

"do you want to come to my house after this? my parents want to meet you." christian says, breaking the silence between the two.

opal's heart drops and she stares at him with wide eyes. "what?" she squeaks, not even trying to hide her terror.

"if you want.. i mean, i talk about you sometimes to them." christian says, catching onto her shock. he rubs the back of his neck.

"do they like me?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows together.

"well i've only told them positive things.. so.."

"do you think they like me?" opal clasps and unclasps her hands together, a clear sign she's nervous.

"opal, it's fine." christian chuckles, reaching across the booth and touching her shoulder. "it's not like it's important, you could come another time. we don't even need to be near with them that long too, we can just hang in my room or something."

opal sighs. "i do, really. sorry, I'm ridiculous. i need to stop being so fidgety."

christian shakes his head.

"i just really want to give off a good impression, you know? i've never had a friend like you before."

christian nods, pursing his lips. "i get it, but like i said, you don't have to come today.. you can sleep on it if you want."

opal nods, pushing her hair out of her face. "i will come over tomorrow, i promise. i just need to mentally prepare for it."

christian laughs, shaking his head at the small girl in front of him. she's so cute.

"what about your parents? when can i meet them?" he asks. she looks down quickly, her bangs falling over her forehead once more. christian just wants to reach over and tuck it behind her ear.

"just my mom." she tells him.

the boy frowns, he watches as her mood turned for the worst. he should have never brought up her parents, he knew that her father was a touchy subject, and she probably wasn't prepared to tell him about him yet.

"ah, man. i'm sorry opal, let's just forget about this, okay?" christian rubs his eyes with the back of his hands. "i have another question for you."

the girl raises an eyebrow.

"whats your favorite song from the 1975?"

**

whats your fav song from the 1975