three

*disclaimer* this is the color of "the girl's" eyes, but not the shape. also not the eyebrows or skin tone, its just the color of the iris. (sectoral heterochromia)

**

he feels her eyes drilling into the back of his head, he so very badly wants to just turn around and wave frantically at her. but so many lyrics are flowing through his mind that he has no time to waste. the boy wonders what she's doing, all he knows is that her hand is dancing quickly across the page.

what is her name? how old is she? does she go to school? maybe she is an only child. maybe she likes his favorite bands. what if she likes the 1975?

the way she walks in the rain

the way she talks when I'm in pain

she's fine and she's mine

in this world full of lies

and of all the things we despise

she's fine and she's mine

that is what he has written down. that is what she reminds him of. by the looks in her eyes, even for a second, you can tell she is one heck of a story. she has them to give and tell, sad and happy.

he turns around, risking the awkwardness that is bound to happen if she is still looking at him. she isn't. she's thanking the waitress named bexly for giving her another tea.

the boy gets a better look at her face, he sees her smiling at the waitress. her teeth are slightly crooked  and seems to have asian in her heritage. her eyes are blue, real light blue. like the sky.

he turns around quickly, satisfied at his small discoveries.

nothing will ever bring her down

through the rocks and siren sounds

she's fine and she's mine

and she's my lotus flower tonight

of all the hate in my heart

she makes beauty, she makes art

after his third cup of coffee, he is ready to leave the shop. his heart is racing from the caffeine and his mind is buzzing from adrenaline. his mom told him to cut down, but he can't shake his addiction. it helps him think of something to write.

he stretches his arms and legs, thanking the waitress before standing from his booth by the window. before closing the door behind him, he looks at the girl again. of course, she glances at him for less than a millisecond. it's almost like she didn't look at him at all, but he saw it. he saw how light her eyes were. the shop was small, and with the power of his glasses, her eye colors almost seemed different from each other. her right eye looked like it was half brown, but she looked away too quickly, giving him no time to look closer.

and he left.

.

except he barely got past the small corner before he felt a small tap on his shoulder.

it was the girl. she was holding his notebook in her small hands.

"you left it on your table," she says, making complete eye contact with him.

he was right. her left eye was blue with a large patch of brown; he stared.

her skin was pale and her lips were full and pink. there was no makeup on her fair skin, neither a single freckle or blemish.

her hair was stick straight and black, blowing lightly in the summer wind. the sun shined down on her hair, causing it to shine so bright he nearly needed to shield his eyes. he didn't want to shield them, though. he wanted to look at her.

"thank you." he says, taking the notebook from her hands.

she smiles with her crooked teeth showing and everything, and starts to walk the other way, leaving the boy curious.

**

its so cliche and short and crappy but at least its cute

song recommendation of the chapter: mind over matter - young the giant