Chapter 6

"No- this cannot be happening," I whispered.

'I'm sorry this must be a terrible shock for you,' He said sympathetically.

"You complete bastard, you complete and utter crazy vampire bastard- you bit me!" I yelled at my reflection since I had nothing else to yell at.

'Mia, you are confused and frighten. I need you to calm down.'

Calm down?! Was he crazy, he had bit me and coerced into a stupid marriage and now he wanted me to act calm. What did he think was going to happen? We were just going to sit down and talk about this like mature adults.

"I will not calm down! What did you do to me?!"

'Mia please, I can feel your anger and fear-'

"Wait, can you see these," I said pointing at my fangs, "What the hell are these?"

'Mia-'

"I do not know who you think you are going around and abducting young girls then turning them into vampires, but last night you messed with the wrong lady buddy!" I said furiously.

'Look Mia, I understand you are mad but believe me when I say that you are the only girl I have ever taken and you are the only girl I have ever wanted to take.'

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?! Now you just sound like a crazy stalker! I mean what kind of man picks up women in a graveyard?" I snapped.

'These are all questions I will be able to explain to you later," He replied.

"There will be no later- I never want to see you again!"

'That is going to be difficult considering that we are married.'

"Then I want a divorce."

'Vampires do not get divorced. Look Mia, you are just frightened.' He said.

I was pretending to be brave, but he was right I was scared, and worried, and terrified. Hearing his disembodied voice in my head was awful and comforting at the same time. I hated the feeling of having a mental breakdown, but then having his calm voice calling my name was making my skin itch.

Boys had never been on my agenda at college. For many girls college was a time of sexual awakening and self-discovery, but for me it had always been about getting my degree. I never had time for dating or boys because I was either studying, or I was working in a bar to pay off some of my student debt.

To me the opposite sex was a strange foreign and unexplored territory that I had never wanted to set foot in. But now I have this guy in my head and all I can think about is his voice and those beautiful brown eyes glowing amber in the moonlight.

'I am glad you like my eyes,' He said pleasantly.

"I was not thinking about you," I hissed, feeling all the blood in my body rushing into my face.

'I wish I was there to comfort you, but last night you were so upset I thought you should have some time to yourself to accommodate to your new situation.' He said.

I shook my head, "You are not real," I said firmly, "You are nothing more than a personal manifestation of my stress."

'Mia, I am in your head. I know you do not believe that.'

"Okay, that is enough of you," I said walking back into my bedroom and grabbing my MP3 player, "I need to stop talking to my mental break down and go to college."

'Wait Mia, you cannot go to class without feeding.'

"I have already eaten- I ate a big stick of stinky garlic bread so do not even think about kissing me!" I said taking unsteady breaths.