A Bed Of Roses

Eren's Pov:

Once I had changed back to human form rather than being in Titan form, I walked over to Annie and stood over her, looking at her in disappointment.

"I thought you would make a good soldier Annie, a loyal one. I guess I was wrong." I said, looking down on the girl that used to be my friend.

Mikasa walked over to me, and put her hand in mine comfortingly. "Annie was a traitor from the start, don't waste your time feeling sorry for her." She told me.

Armin had also walked over to look down at her. "Bye Bitch, thanks for everything." He said, turning to walk with me and Mikasa away from her unmoving body.

"So Armin, we have something to show you now." I said, walking hand in hand with Mikasa.

A sudden gasp made me spin around in shock.

Annie wasn't dead as we had thought, she was stood slightly to the side of Armin, holding her dagger into his chest.

"Armin!"

Mikasa's Pov:

"Armin!" Eren shouted, causing me to spin around instantly and look behind us.

Annie was stood slightly to the side of him, holding a dagger in his chest.

"Annie!" I screamed, lunging forwards straight into her, knocking her to the ground.

Annie landed on her back, with me landing on top of her and trying to push the knife into her chest whilst she tried resisting.

Armin had fallen to his knees, Eren trying his best to support him and stop the flow of blood from his chest.

"You can't do it Mika. You're not strong enough." Annie snarled, not giving me any choice.

Without a second choice, I stabbed her straight in the heart. Annie coughed, spluttering blood as she did so.

"I am strong enough to do what I must, whenever I must. No matter what," I told Annie, as her last breath escaped her.

I quickly got off of Annie and turned my attention to Armin, taking him from Eren's arms to lean him against myself so Eren could try and stop the flow of blood from Armin's chest.

"Mika...Eren," Armin coughed, struggling to breath properly.

"Armin.."I sobbed, tears beginning to fall down my face as I looked at him.

The wound in Armin's chest was quite large. Eren had ripped part of his shirt off and was tying to round Armin's chest in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Hold on Armin.." Eren said, tying a knot in it and picking him up. Armin grunted in pain as Eren picked him up and started to walk towards my horse.

"Mikasa, we need to get him back home, they can help him there." Eren said desperately, his eyes searching mine for some comfort.

I shook my head, putting a hand on Eren's shoulder to stop him walking.

"It's no use," Armin choked out, trying his best to breathe steadily. "I'm going to die either way Eren, accept it."

Tears formed in Eren's eyes as he began to accept the fact that his best friend was going to die.

'I must fulfil my promise to him' I suddenly thought, taking Armin off of Eren and putting him on my horse, me then mounting the horse behind him. "Follow me Eren." I said, before taking off the way we had come.

I quickly led Eren through the forest the way we had come. Back towards the ocean.

Eren must have guessed where I was going with him, because he sped up to run side by side with me.

Armin's Pov:

'What is this? This feeling? I'm so cold..'  I thought, my eyes starting to shut, before getting jolted back awake as Mikasa plucked me off the horse where I had been sat and laid me down in a patch of flowers on a hill.

A bed of roses, right by the sea. I turned my head towards it and looked at it.

It was so beautiful, the waves lapping at the shore far below us. Its blue depths glistening in the sunlight, the sunset beginning to sink into the sea on the horizon.

'It is all I thought it would be' I thought happily, thinking how Mikasa and Eren had remembered how I had always wanted to see the sea.

"Thankyou." I murmured, looking to my left and Mikasa and Eren. Both of them had tears glistening down their faces as they looked at me. Mikasa holding my hand, and Eren's hand resting on my shoulder.

"Goodbye Armin. We loved you." My best friend said as my vision started to blur and go dark.

'Goodbye Eren, Goodbye Mikasa. I loved you both too'