Chapter 19

Yuki’s pov.

          We all look at each other the moment we hear the rules of this round. “Yuki should be the last one up.” Kakashi says and they all look over at me. “Why me? Your better than I am?” I say and Kakashi gives a small sigh. “That’s exactly why you last. The people that are going to be targeted on our team will more than likely be Neji, Asuma and I first before they go after you three. Yuki your almost as good as I am and so is Umeko because of our ANBU training so if you two are the last few up they might not go after you.” Kakashi says and I nod my head. It made scene to me. “Don’t worry too much about this we will all do a great job.” Asuma says before giving us a smile. “As our contestant start we will introduce them.” Fumio says catching all of our attention. “Well who wants to go first for our team?” Umeko asks and Neji smiles. “I will.” He says and looks over at the pillars. “Our first person up is Temari from the sand village.” Fumio yells and Neji nods at us before taking off. “Next is Neji Hyuga.” Fumio screams. A few more people go out before Asuma gives us a nod and runs out making quick work of the pillars before finding an empty spot in the bamboo to stand on.

          “Ten-Ten after I go count to 10 before you go.” Kakashi says before messing up my hair and back flipping up onto the pillar and taking off. “Show off.” I scream and Kakashi waves his hand at me. I could just see his smile. “8….9….10! Here I go don’t take too much longer to get up.” Ten-Ten says and she runs. “We only have 5 people left on the ground and 10 minutes for them to get up before they are out of the game.” Fumio yells. “Go now.” I say and Umeko smiles before taking off at the same time as the last wind village ninja did. I look over at the last 2 who look worried so I take off flipping onto the first pillar before making quick work of them and landing away from the others because everyone was so close together. I didn’t hear my name called out like the others but I had been more worried about getting up on the bamboo. There was a crash from behind me and I see the last two ninja run into each other knocking them to the ground with a loud thud. “Ryu from the grass village and Nanako from the cloud village are out. The next two to fall are out for good.” Fumio yells. I look over at Ten-Ten a little worried about her but she was doing fine. I hear a yelp and see a girl with orange hair falling from her spot. “That’s one out for the stone village.” Fumio says.

Kakashi’s pov.

          Everyone was close together on the bamboo but I see Yuki in an open area that no one was really paying attention to. I had a feeling she was going to win this as long as others didn’t notice her. “Kakashi how are you doing?” Asuma yells before he lights up a cigarette making a few people around him cough. I was about to answer then someone else falls to the ground. “That’s number 4 out. Sorry sand village your down a man.” Fumio yells. I roll my eyes before looking at the rest of my team. “I’m doing great Asuma but what about you?” I ask making him laugh and I hear a giggle so I look over at Yuki who was shaking her head. ‘Show off.’ She mouthed at me and I get what she was doing so I looked over at Neji who nodded his head before looking at Umeko who nodded and as I look at Ten-Ten the person next to her falls pulling her down with him.

          “Two more people down but they are still in the game. Remember you can help your team to knock out some people. We lost a leaf ninja and a snow ninja.” Fumio yells. If he was going to yell this whole time he wasn’t going to have a voice. About 20 minutes later a few other people dropped down and not long after something whizzed past my face. “That was 2 ninja from the land of water out, a ninja from the sand and a ninja from the rain. It looks like the water village is going after the leaf village.” Fumio says. I give a small sigh as I look around and something knocks into a mist village ninja knocking them off before another rain village ninja was out. Temari was still in and she moved to a new branch as a fire ball was sent at her knocking some other ninja out. I look over at Yuki to see some water bullets heading her way before a wave of wind blew them down. “Aki, Mino don’t let Yuki or the rest of our team get hit. Gaara’s orders.” Temari yells and I shake my head. “Gaara’s orders?” I ask her as she lands by me. “He said Yuki would be here and to help you all out the best we could. Besides I think she is going to win this now there is a fight going on down there.” Temari says before moving so she didn’t get hit with a kunai.