Chapter 6

Alex handed me the letter and said "I never read the letter but I promised your mom I would give it to you."

My dearest Savannah,
When you get this I might already be gone but there might be hope that I am alive. Look up at the moon on the 3rd day after the solstice and charge with Logan and his pack to the old abandoned shack 20 miles west of the mountain reaches. There you will hopefully find me and some of  Paige's witch friends and a lot of wolves that need to be rescued.
Please hurry and good luck,
Mom

"I don't even know where this shack is, how am I even supposed to find this thing, I haven't even been to the mountain reaches." I said irritated. "Don't worry I know where the shack is. We used to use it for practice missions. So now all we have to do is wait for the 3 day time period to finish then we will go get your mom. Paige tell the base what is happening. Margot go get our best fighters ready for  battle and have professor Ruth teach your class on the day of battle." Logan commanded, Margot left but Paige stayed to ask about "what about Alex we can't just leave her she is too sick to leave alone." "Alright, we will stay here until you get back." Paige nods her head then she left and about ten minutes later she came back and said "I told the entire base about the battle, now may I sit with my girlfriend?" Logan modded and Paige grabbed Alex's hand. "I tried..." "shhhhh don't talk, just rest" Paige said as she put a finger over top of Alex's mouth. I turned to leave, I need to speak to my pack... "I have an announcement to make." I said when I got into the room. Everyone slowly walked into the room but Sara stayed leaning against a wall. "There is a war coming.... one nothing like we have ever seen. I need you all to train harder and be prepared for what we are going to face." "What exactly are we facing?" Sara said "Cullen's army..." the pack gasped "... I know you are scared but as a pack we can fight off anything that comes our way! Now I know we don't know each other very well, but please believe me when I say I will fight to keep all of you safe. We are the strongest pack here and together we can beat anything that comes our way!" I let the pack talk amongst themselves while I went over to Sara. "How are we going to beat them? We're just kids, we don't know the first thing about war?" Sara said "I know, I know but we can do it. The teachers are going to start full war training tomorrow. We'll be ready." Sara looked at me and told me to follow her. I followed her to my room. "What are we doing in my room?" "The first time I saw you in the courtyard it felt like a thousand fireworks had gone off inside of me." She took my hand and her touch sent shivers down my spine. " I knew I felt something when I first saw you" I said looking down at our hands that were now intertwined. "We're mates, you're my soulmate." I looked up into her beautiful eyes and the world was lost around us. I could only focus on her. "What are we going to do about facing Cullen together?" I asked "I don't know... all I know is I don't want to leave your side" I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close. I moved a strand of her hair away from her face and she looked at me then pushed me away. "We can't do this now... the war remember?" "Yea you're right..." All I wanted to was to be back in Sara's embrace. We stood there awkwardly for a minute then Sara said "we should go check on the pack." She then kissed me on the cheek and left the room. I stood there just in awe. She is absolutely amazing.