Chapter 1

The sound of my alarm clock broke me out of a dream, I slowly opened one eye to see the numbers five-thirty staring back at me. Hitting me like a train I remembered it was the day I go to my new school in Alaska. I got out of bed, walked past my desk and over to the bathroom. I heard my mom call from down stairs "Savannah we're going to be late for the plane" I yelled back "I know mom" and then rolled my eyes. After I got ready I ran down stairs to see my mom had already pack my bags and put the cereal on the table. I sat down and started to eat my breakfast. Mom had said this was a special school and that I would find out soon enough why I had to leave Maryland.

After finishing my cereal, I got up and put the bowl in the sink. I had heard my mom arguing with my sister Ericka to get up and get ready, she doesn't like to wake up early. I sighed then walked out to the car with my sister's bags and mine. Putting them into the trunk I heard the sounds of an engine approaching. I looked up and saw my old school bus headed down the road. I couldn't bare to see my old friends so I turned back around and happened to see Ericka walk out of our old historic farm house. We both got in the car and waited for mom. When mom got in the car she turned to us and after about fifteen minutes of waiting she told us why we had to change schools. she told us we we're werewolves and that when we turn seventeen that we would shift for the first time. With our birthdays coming up I can see why mom wanted us to be at a school of our kind. Mom explained how this school called Mystic Moon Preparatory Academy and it was for others like us. It was a lot to take in all at once but she wanted us to know before we made our drive to the airport. I had always felt different but never believed I was anything other than normal. Being a werewolf, that just can't be true... can it?