Chapter 28

1 hour ago...

Does this traffic even move?

Present...

She couldn't get through to him. The signal was messed up on his side. She tried thrice and dropped the phone back in her lap. It would take her forever to reach in this traffic. She then saw a list of notifications on her phone and started sorting through them hurriedly. There was a voice message from an unknown number. She hit play and listened.

"Aditi, it's me, Aditya. I...have been trying to call you. I didn't want to leave without you knowing my side. I really wish I could say this in person but you never called and it's time for me to go. I know that Purab is better for you. He comes without complications. He lives in the same city as you, he is not your roommate's older brother and most important of all, you have all the time in the world to get to know him and be with him without any geographical issues getting in the way. And however begrudging I sound, I must say this. He's a good guy too. I on the other hand am inconvenient to be with. I could only offer you 3 weeks of time. I couldn't tell you how I felt because you were the one person I wasn't supposed to have feelings for. You are my sister's best friend. You're off limits! It wasn't supposed to be you. And yet, somehow, it is. I just thought you should know. Anyway, I have to go now. I hope you have a lot of happiness in life. Bye, Turtle."

The phone fell to her lap again and the tears rolled down her cheeks.

Author's Note: :( - S