Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hi guys! :) Happy 2016! How has your year been so far? I hope it's been great! I've missed you guys a lot and I really need to write so I'm beginning something new. I hope you guys will join me on my third adventure on Wattpad. You guys have been so wonderful with The Balcony and the Imperfect Two. It really makes me grin ear to ear. Here's to the next story with a new bunch of characters. :D Much love, - S.

Crystal chandeliers...

Restaurants were fancy in this part of town, eh? Her eyes scanned the thick gold pages of the menu.

Oh boy! This was an expensive place. She glanced at the prices.

Hundred rupees for water? Who are they kidding? She was so going to order the regular water. Minerals can go sit on a pretty shelf.

She raised her eyes again toward the door to see if her blind date had made an appearance yet. Instead, she saw the doorman digging his nose. Her eyes hastily averted back to the menu.

An hour and a giant burger later, she shook her head at the tightly shut door, swiped her credit card and walked out in a huff. So much for finding her guy.

A little while later...

Tap tap tap tap tap...

She sipped from a carton of juice, adjusted her earphones and resumed.

Tap tap tap tap tap...

Her cell phone buzzed and she read the caller ID and smiled.

"Yes Mads..."

A voice crackled on the other side and she frowned. She sighed wearily and said into the phone, "Why do you bother calling? You know we don't get signal here. Just message whatever you want to say."

But Mads continued to crackle on, "I...you...when...coming...my...door..."

She shook her head in irritation and replied, "Yeah I understood that perfectly well. Now would you text the same so I can read between the lines?"

"What...make...time...Adi."

She cut the call and started tapping on her phone instead.

"What?"

No reply. Great. She switched apps on the phone, hit play and started jiving slowly to the music.

The office was empty. Only the light over her desk was glowing. Yellow light falling over a bright red desk. She sat cross-legged on the swivel chair working silently.

Tap tap tap tap...

A little while later...

She had collapsed on the sofa by the time she reached home. She was sure Mads was asleep. She ambled over to her room and pulled out the first thing she found and pulled it on. She brushed her teeth and sleepily walked over to the kitchen to fill the empty water bottle. As the water made its slow progress into the bottle, she stood staring the water purifier. She read the instructions on how to clean the appliance for the millionth time as she heard a noise. She disregarded it in her current state of fatigue and total disinterest. She walked out of the kitchen and found the dim bulb of the hall on. She padded toward the switchboard and ran smack dab into big black wall.

Wait, weren't the colours of their walls white? When did they change colours? Wait, when did they change positions?

Oh! Not a wall.