Chapter 3

Sarah stared up at the man in front of her and smiled nervously. They had been standing outside of Ali’s office for ten minutes now and she couldn’t wait for her sister to get here. The men said they had an appointment. Hopefully they weren’t lying.

              Sarah wasn’t normally here before Ali but her sister had woken up with a cold. Mondays just weren’t her day. So, Sarah ended up driving Zach to school and opening up the gym. Beverly had agreed to drive Ali since she was going into town anyway.

              Now she was stuck here with three men, two of them looking like F.B.I agents. They had on black suits, black shoes, and black gloves that they didn’t want to remove. The third man was wearing a long sleeved shirt and dark jeans. He was much more handsome but still had a cold look to him.

              By their smell Sarah could tell that the two men in suits were full blooded shifters. The only thing that had her confused was that the two shifters were following around a half-shifter. They didn’t normally do that since those kinds of people were below them. 

              “Sarah! We are having the tournament today why aren’t any of the-”

              Ali stopped short when her eyes locked with the man from yesterday. The only reaction he had to seeing her was slightly raising one eyebrow.

              She suddenly felt stupid. Her nose was bright red, she smelled like menthol, and her attire was less than flattering. It was a bulky sweatshirt combined with loose jeans, which was what pregnant women would normally wear. She was just missing the child.

              “Um, hey Ali. These people said they called on Friday and told you they would be here today,” said Sarah, wringing her hands together and staring at her sister.

              She felt her anger suddenly go through the roof. These men had demanded her time and not even given a hint as to why they were here. To make things even worse, she needed to prepare for a tournament that was going to take place in two hours.

              “Go set up the gym. I’ll handle our visitors.”

              Sarah didn’t need to be told twice. She saw the look in Ali’s eyes and knew these people were going to be torn apart, physically or verbally.

              She bowed slightly to the visitors and ran out of the room before the yelling commenced.

              “Please come in,” said Ali, trying to calm her voice. Having her nose stuffed up didn’t really help. It made her sound like a mix between a man and a strangled animal.

              The three men nodded, following in after her. She gestured towards a handful of chairs. To her surprise, only the man from yesterday took a seat. The other two went by the door and stood at attention.

              “If you’re here for an interview I don’t have time. Sorry that this was a waste of yours,” said Ali, a growl accidentally escaping her throat.