Gone Missing.

I stood across from her locker watching the police take everything out dropping it into a clear plastic bag. As though everyone else I stood by clueless as to Alicia's whereabouts, the last time that I had that I had spoken to her was in the cafe two weeks ago. I remember her telling me that we needed to go on our first date, she seemed normal and happy.

"Don't you guys have a class to go to?" The Vice Principal said.

The students all scattered from the scene going to their designated class, but I stayed there staring at her now empty locker. She had never actually gone in there for any of her books, she just kept the ones in there that she didn't really need. I doubt they'll find anything useful to help find her.

"Weird huh?" I was snapped out of my gaze by Lacey who had been standing by me. "It seemed like yesterday she was here happy and healthy",

I nodded. "I didn't think you knew Alicia",

"We hung out a few times. But we mostly studied together",

"She never mentioned you",

She chuckled. "She wouldn't right. She didn't want anyone to know that we hung out", she said putting the ear quotes. "She was afraid that Jessica would come after her",

I turned to her. "Why would she?"

"Come on, you know Jessica. She lives to intimidate Alicia, any little thing that Alicia does to piss her off she goes psycho bitch on her",

But this doesn't add up. "Look I'm gonna be late for class",

I walked away from her heading down the hallway into the staircase, looked behind me before I walked through the to just to ensure that I wasn't being followed. The person that I was meeting up with knows something about what lead to Alicia's disappearance, I was hoping that the information that I was getting was classified.

"Do you have it?" She asked.

I pulled the bag of white substance out my pocket letting her know that u hadn't tricked her into getting the information that I needed.

She held our her hand in front of her asking for the cocaine that I had brought. "Information first",

"I'm the one that contacted you, now give me the stuff and you get your information",

I rolled my eyes letting out a deep sigh. "Here", I dropped it in her hand as I watched her use her eyes to measure the amount that was in the bag.

"Wow, this must be really important to you",

"You got what you came here for now spill the information",

She tucked her hair behind her ears stuffing the cocaine in her jean jacket. "Her car is parked behind that abandoned house on Rosewood",

I waited a whole to see if there had been more to what she had to say but she just pursed her lips turning to run down the stairs. "Wait! That's it?"

She nodded. "Yea. That's classified information. That's more than the police knows",

I guess she was right, all they had was a few used textbooks, some pens and an old cobweb infested sweater. "I'll call you when I find out more", a smile tugged on the corner if her mouth before she had made it down the stairs.

I guess He had felt it was needed to stay home today after the conversation that he had with his uncle. His body was numb after his uncle had informed him of what he had done with his secret lover, he so dearly wanted to to tell someone of her whereabouts but he knows what the consequences will be behind it.

He drank down the cold beer aiming to numb his body of the pain that he is going through, he had been thinking of her for weeks now every since the police in formed the community that Alicia was missing.

"We have a meeting in ten", he uncle peeped through his room door eyeing the six beer bottles that was thrown on the floor.

Jacob had been on his bed drinking his pain away not knowing that he had been up since two in the morning.

"Jake, is that my beer your drinking?"

Jacob merrily nodded handing the bottle that he just opened up to him over to his uncle. "Here", he slurred.

The blurred lines that he was seeing all over the room made him grow dizzy . "You need to go shower and drink some water", he lifted up his waisted nephew bringing him in the bathroom that was just next door. "I'll bring you up some water in a minute",

He left him closing the food hoping that Jacob doesn't go against his wishes, the meeting that he was having was utterly important to him and he does not want Jacob to ruin with his childish antics.

"Why the fuck are you staring at me?" He looked back at himself in the mirror. The person that he saw staring back at him was a drunk, selfish bastard with a fucked up life. He pitied the guy in front of him as he would pity a homeless man sleeping on the side of the street.

"I feel sorry for you", he scowled. "Your selfish...your keeping information from the police who is trying to find the girl you love",

His eyes fluttered closed as his mind went blank and his body went weak until he collapsed to the ground.

--

The police had been coming in and out of the house searching Alicia's room for any clues to where she had gone. Since Alicia went missing I had sleepless nights and I had felt empty in the house all alone, sometimes I even feel like I'm being watched.

Uncles, cousins, grandparents and aunts have to been coming by to check up on me to see how I was holding up, I had been telling them them I'm pretty fine but her face being plastered over every newspaper makes it really hard to get through it. Some friends came over to spend the night with me after I told them how empty the house felt with out my baby girl here.

"Amanda, are you sure you don't want some popcorn?" Francesca asked.

She was one of my good friends on my block that I spend my days with.

"I'm not hungry", I wrapped the blacker around my body silently shivering.

"You have to eat something Amanda. You can't live in that couch forever",

She signed sitting down next to me rubbing my shoulder looking at me in pity. "When she walks through that door and want to be the first person she sees",

"I think it's great that your not loosing hope, but you need to get off this couch and go out and get some fresh air",

"If I go out the looks people give me is going to be full of pity. And you know how much I hate it",

"But this isn't healthy. Have you talked to Conner?"

I had called Conner a few times since Alicia went missing but he had never retired any of my calls, he much likely has been working but he can take a few minutes out of his day to return my calls. Especially because it was concerning his daughter.

"Yea, he's getting a early morning flight by next week", I lied.

"Good. Alicia'll be happy when she sees him here when we find her",

I looked down at my hands. "Yea",

--

What do you think Jacob's Uncle did to Alicia?

Is she dead of alive?

What do you think Jacob knows about Alicia's whereabouts?

Comment

Rate

Subscribe

Follow

-Shay✌