Innocence

Alicia

After seeing Jacob ignoring me in school, I thought that I had blown this whole thing out of proportion. I made my emotions get the best of me. I should have just given him the chance to explain his side of the story, I basically judged him on the spot without asking him about his situation.

Seeing his rap sheet made be a little bit scared of the person he was back then, I wondered if he was still that person but I highly doubt that. I noticed too late that I never got to have a full on conversation with Jacob about his past and what he wanted to pursue in life.

Jacob probably didn't want to talk to me after that episode but I am a very persuasive person. "Jacob". I called.

He was by his car with one of his football friends, Chad. He turned to my attention with a blank stare.

"Hi", he replied showing his pearly white teeth.

The silence quickly grew among the three of us, Jacob looking at me nervously while I did the same. "Hi, Im Craig", he waved holding out his hand.

Oh. "Hi. Alicia", I warmly shook his hand smiling back at him.

We both stood still. "Well, I'll leave you two to talk". Craig quickly dismissed his self from the awkward silence giving Jacob his manly handshake before he left.

He's kind of cute with those monkey ears of his. "I should go". Jacob said pointing to his car where we were standing next to.

Making his way over to his Jeep I stepped over to him taping him on his shoulder. "Wait", he looked at me puzzled.

"I'm sorry. A- About last night", I said choking on my words. I fiddled with my fingers looking at my combat boots that I sat paired with black leggings and a fitted Adidas sweatshirt. "I kind of lost it", I added.

He nodded with his arms folded. "Is that it?" He gave a "get-out-my-face" look.

"Uh, yea".

"Um, see you in P.E", he looked as if he didn't know what else to say.

He quickly hopped in his car driving out the space with his tires making the scratching noise.

--

The cafe was completely packed today I guess it was rush hour...whatever that is. "What was your answer?"

"Um, twenty five pie", I looked back up from my notebook.

He nodded. "Me too".

He scrambled in his notebook for a while. "You wanna go out somewhere tomorrow?"

I eyes flashed wide in excitement this was the moment that I had been waiting for, like a month now. Finally Scott is going to take me on a one on one date, I actually thought that Scott had zero romance in him. I dreamt that he would take me to a deserted beach side where no one goes so we have a romantic picnic. And to end the date we would make sweet love under the stars. My heart fluttered at the thought of us actually making love under the stars... So romantic.

"Sure!" I semi- shouted. "Where to?"

"My second cousin Andrew is getting married next week",

"So?" I asked waiting for the romantic part.

"I need a date", he finished.

"And?" I asked shaking my head signaling him to go on.

"And I want you to be my date",

Wow. Okay. "I don't think I can make it",

"Why?"

"I have a thing tomorrow with some - some girl I met".