Under Stress

The moment when he stuck the straws up his nostrils made my mouth quiver avoiding laughter. He looked at me making those noises a seal would make clapping its hands together.

"Stop". I shoved him letting out a giggle.

"C'mon Alicia. You live the seal joke". He said taking the straws from out his nose. "Why do you resist my humor?"

"We need to finish this project, unless you want to get us an A minus".

"Okay, okay". He surrendered.

"Read me the Procedure".

He searched the table looking for a paper with the Procedure. I laid my pen on my textbook looking at him.

"Scott, if you forgot to do it just say so".

"I'm sorry, I'll just do it now".

"No-"

My cell phone rang off in my bag with my moms face popped out on the screen.

"Mom". I answered.

"You were supposed to be home an hour ago to meet Derek".

"Mother, I have a thing I forgot to tell you about. We can reschedule".

I felt lesion in the phone even though the other end was silent.

"If you didn't want to meet him that's all you had to say".

I heard the phone hang up on the other end, which means she was pissed off at me and I know I won't hear the end of it when I get home.

I turned back to Scott grabbing my books putting it in my bag.

"We have to finish this tomorrow I have to go".

"Alright, tell your brother I said Hi".

I walked out the library taking my car keys out my jacket pocket that I had on. I walked to my car and saw Jacob sitting on the hood of my car scrolling on his phone.

"Hey, off the car!" I shouted.

"You know, I actually thought you were gonna thank me for getting this car cleaned up". He said walking towards me.

I rolled my eyes putting the key in the ignition starting it up. "Well I didn't ask you to". I closed the door backing out the parking space.

I stopped the car abruptly when I seen Jacob's body jump in front of the car.

"Are you mad?" I shouted.

He ran to the passengers side opening up the door getting in. "You almost killed me".

"Do you need to add your annoying humor to everything? I almost ran you over!".

"My humor is annoying?"!He added a girlish sign as if offended. "I think if it as charm".

"Get out. I have to get home". I leaned over him and push open the door.

"So your not gonna tutor me?"

"Oh shoot!" My palm met my forehead. "I totally forgot".

Thinking of this whole situation as a mess with meeting my moms boyfriend even though I didn't want to, and forgetting about the tutoring thing with Jacob, I had to use it to my advantage.

"You know what, I think I can make this work".

Chrestano

"Hello Mother". I shook my head walking from in front of her door heading to my room.

Before I could even walk in she was standing behind me with a thin sheet wrapped around her body.

"I thought you had football practice".

"Why are you doing this to dad? You know he'll be crushed if he found out". I blurted.

She seemed a little set back by what I had said, but I knew she would keep doing whatever she wants despite anyone's feelings.

"I'm not doing this to hurt your father or anyone for that matter".

No, your just being a hoe. I thought. She wiped a strand of hair out her face adjusting the sheet that was wrapped around her naked body. "Then what are you doing mom? If you don't love him anymore why don't you just tell him instead of you doing all this sneaking around".

"Baby, you don't understand, your too-"

"Young?" I let out a sigh in disbelief.

I turned by back to her walking into my bedroom.

"If you don't tell him, I will". On that note I shut the door in her face so she can at least come to her senses but I guess that was stupid of me to think that, prior to the moans coming from her bedroom.

Family is everything to me, and for someone to come and try to ruin that is just absolutely offensive to me. I try hard to keep these two together despite how many times my sister tells me to stay out of it, I still take it upon myself to make it as a duty to keep them together. Whatever it takes I will let no one stroll in from the gutters and ruin my years of hard work.

I walked through the hallway with these invitations in my hand scoping out anyone with enough characteristics to come to my party. Nerds, Emos, Punk Rock, Outsiders were also invited. I was determined to make this the party of the year, it took me months of planning to make sure this is a possibility.

"Hey, Lacey". I called.

Lacy was one of the most Gorgeous girls in this entire school with a dark side to her. She was apart of the student council, the girls volleyball team and a cheerleader, she was hard working, determined girl to have around.

"Hey, Chres. What's up?"

I handed her an invitation from the ones in the pile on my hands. "Wow. A graveyard party. Dark". She added lifting her right eyebrow.

"Yea, I just wanted to change things up a bit. So, you definitely coming right?"

"Only if your friend Myles 'ill be there". She smiled.

"Totally". I assured.

I walked off from her towards the boiler room to meet Ashley.

The boiler room is like a hang out spot where only my group of friend go to, to have a smoke or have sex. I set the invites on the steps approaching Ashley, who was sitting on top of a weird looking machine.

"Hey". She said in a raspy voice.

"How you been doing?" I asked.

"Better". She nodded pushing me curly hair behind her ears. "It's hard though".

"I can imagine, this place stinks of weed down here".

"Yea, well this is what my last resort is".

"So your coming to the part tomorrow right?" I asked.

She looked out in the distance as if she was thinking of something important. "Ashley". I called to her.

"My mom can't even look me in the eye, she thinks of me as a druggie".

"No she doesn't, just give her some time to adjust to the situation".

"It's been a month. How much adjusting does she need?" She shouted.

I rubbed her arm slowly attempting to calm her down. "This is stressful you know. But I'm glad I have you".

I smiled back at her her touching her hand. "How does Chipotle sound?"

"Awesome".

Knowing Ashley she would never pass up Chipotle. "Your going to be the reason behind me being the first Chipotle addict.

"C'mon girl, your already an addict". I said slightly pushing her arm.

-----------------

Short chapter, but there will be more coming soon.

The Drama is just beginning.

Comment

Rate

Follow

Vote

~Shay✌