✒Chapter 11-Path of the Supernatural

-CHAPTER ELEVEN-
•Path of the Supernatural•

With the exam underway, and each clan in their random, yet assigned locations, all the participants rushed onward to prove who was the dominant clan

The Forbidden Forest was bearable for the time being, however, the further you traveled, the more you started to understand why it's labeled forbidden in the first place. It had decaying plants, hidden traps, strange creatures, and fog that stretched across the entire area. The feeling of unexpected danger was overwhelming.

James and William, along with the rest of the Supernatural clan students, cautiously walked along their assigned path.

"Are you feeling a little better, you got hurt pretty bad?" James asked.

"You know me, I bounce back. I'll be fine. Thanks for helping me out back there by the way."

"And what did you learn?"

"Rabbits are more dangerous than they look."

James chuckled and playfully put him in a choke-hold.

"You might be a little tough, but if you don't start using you're brain, you're brawns won't matter."

"Yeah, yeah; everyone knows not to mess with the Supernatural."

"The more you talk like that, the less intimidating you are; you're only showing people how conceited you are."

One of the members of the group rushed ahead.

"Why are we staying on this path; we don't know where it leads. Let's just take a shortcut."

"Shortcuts don't exist in the Forbidden Forest; one minute you're one place, then back where you started."

"Then I'll make my own."

He let his arrogance get the better of him and he ran off the path. He attempted to jump over a bush, but he was just ended up colliding with an unseen object. A light shimmer revealed the presence of a wall.

"A barrier...I don't remember running into any of these in the past," said William. "What are they trying to keep us away from?"

"The real question is who even had time to put these out?" Mcduff replied.

"I don't know...something isn't right about this sudden change."

I know but there's nothing we can do about it," said James. "Let's just stick together and figure out where this path leads, so we can get out of here."

Suddenly, an explosion went off and the blast was soon heard around the entire forest.

"What the hell was that!?" said James.