Boy meets Girl p4

R e c a p -

(Johannah sees a poster about a carnival going on at Charlston on saturday and guesses Bruno will be there)

I went to go lay down in my bed. I had to get a good nights sleep. I didn't want to have eye bags tomorrow. I set my alarm to 9:30am and thought about what a great day I was going to have tomorrow. That is, if he was even there..

--

* BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP * . Ergggh stupid alarm, its a freakin saturday and I can sleep in if I want to ! .. .. .. SATUUUURDAY !? I jumped out of bed with a huge smile on my face. I looked at the time. 9:30AM. Well, if I'm not ready by 10, I can always just go there whenever. It's not like he's going to be there at exactly 10am.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Good, no pimples were created overnight. I hate it when that happens. I walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast. There wasn't anything cooked for breakfast because the whole family sleeps in til the afternoon on saturdays. I made myself a piece of toast, spread strawberry jam on it and brought it to my room.

I sat on my bed, eating the toast quickly. When I finished, I got my shorts, socks, singlet and jacket from my wardrobe and got dressed. I could feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. It wasn't those butterflies that you get before you do a speech infront of your whole grade, its the ones where your so happy and excited. Well, to admit, I was nervous. But more in a happy way.

I looked in the mirror. My hair was in a messy heap. I combed my hair and then straightened it. I let my side fringe down (I always keep it up whenever possible because I'm trying to get rid of the remaining pimples on my forehead) and hairsprayed my hair so it was poofy.

Next, makeup. I looked at the time. 10:07AM. I should be ready by 10:30.. I put foundation on, eyeliner and mascara. I didn't put too much just incase he isn't one of those guys who don't like girls that wear alot of makeup.

I put on my airforces. They were white, had a gold tick on the side of them and hot pink shoelaces. Finally I was ready and it was 10:25. Perfect. I took my wallet and keys from my school bag and put them into my handbag. I got my phone and put it in my pocket while I was walking out the door.

The breeze was cool and the sun was shining. Could it be any more perfect ? I walked with a skip in my step to Charlston.

* 15 minutes later *

I was walking towards the open gate and I could already smell the good food and see the rides. I could see about two jumping castles and a slide. I could hear screams of laughter from the little kids. I missed times like these.

I walked in through the gate and was greeted by a few teachers which I still faintly remembered. I went to go sit on the small fence near the back of the school. I remember sitting here in year six. Why am I even sitting here ? I thought to myself. He won't find me here .. where would he hang out ? I thought for a while. The basketball court !

I walked towards the basketball court which was made last year. I could see some old faces from year six. I waved to them and they hand motioned me to come but I didn't want to sit with them. I wanted to find Bruno .. I ended up sitting on another small wooden fence across from the basketball so I would be able to see if he came or not.

While waiting, I watched little kids jumping and falling over on the jumping castle. The jumping castle was right next to where I was sitting. Infront of me was the snowcone stall. There I could see little kids crying and begging their mums to buy them a snowcone.

I sat there on the wooden fence for what seemed like hours. I looked at the time .. 11:43AM. If you knew me personally, you would know I'm not a very patient person. I hate waiting. I couldn't stand 10 minutes in the same place waiting for something. But this was for Bruno, so I guess I could stay for a bit longer. The things you do for love..

I still sat there, motionless.. waiting.. I looked at the time on my phone again - 12:21PM. Okay, I thought, I'm leaving at 1PM whether I see him or I don't. I might like him alot, but I would never wait 3 hours for anybody ! Not even if my life depended on it.

I went through my phone .. I re-read all my text messages, I re-read all my sent ones, I read through my drafts, I read through my contacts while saying their number in my head and I played this cricket game on my phone for about 10 minutes. I'm so leaving. As I got up to leave, I looked straight ahead to the snowcone stall and saw Bruno, standing there with a little girl, probably his little sister. Thats so nice of him, so look after his sister. I looked around him, none of his mates were there. This is even better, without his mates he wont mess around and maybe stay with me for a bit.

I quickly sat back down and looked at my phone. I didn't want to look up because I didn't know where to look. And I wanted to act surprised when he came to me, like I wasn't expecting him to be here. I went through my messages again and read the first ten. I looked up again to see what was taking him so long..

I felt as if a knife had gone through my heart. I was definately heartbroken. I felt horrible. As I looked up, he wasn't there anymore ! Had I imagined his presence being there because I badly wanted him to be there ?

The answer clicked at me. I had to be going crazy. There was no other explanation. I waiting hours on end for him, and when I'm just about to leave, I imagine him being there so I would stay longer. I sighed. Am I really this desperate ?

1:23PM and I wanted to scream out loud to get all this feelings out of me. I breathed slowly and counted to ten. I calmed down, but just a little. I decided to stay there, just incase he was really there at the snowcone stall.

I sat there, and I just felt like crying. Waiting was a pain. Not being able to see him anywhere was heartbreaking. I continued watching little kids having fun on the jumping castle. I looked at the long line. Wow, this jumping castle must be alot of fun if that many people wanna have a turn.

As I scanned through the line, I could see some kids crying (they probably didn't like waiting either), some were laughing, one was eating a snowcone, and the kid behind it was a little chubby boy. Ngaaaaw, isnt he cute ?

I brought my attention again to the little girl that was eating the snowcone. I blinked. I blinked again. And again. Am I dreaming or am I seeing this for real ? Bruno was in line with his little sister. I pinched myself on the arm hard. Ok, I'm definately not dreaming. I stared at him and my heart mended itself together. Just seeing him made me happy. All this waiting for a good cause, I thought to myself.

Hmm, it doesn't look like he's seen me yet. I couldn't risk looking down at my phone again so I just looked straight ahead, focusing on the lady making snowcones for everyone. I could just see his blue jacket in the corner of my eye so I knew he was still there.

He and his sister slowly moved up the line and I kept an eye on them. I felt like such a stalker. No one is as desperate as me..

Finally, his sister got on the jumping castle and I'm guessing he saw me because in the corner of my eye, I saw him walking towards me. I began shaking. OMG I'm such a baby ! I put my hand on my leg to try stop it from shaking. Hopefully he doesn't notice.

As he came closer and closer, I just couldn't look anymore. I looked down. I wished in my head that he would just go away. I dont know why, after I waited such a long time. No, cmon Johannah. Be a man. Take risks. Take chances. I felt him sit next to me because the wood shook abit. I didn't know what to do !

I forced myself to look up. I couldn't look at him or else I would faint so I just kept looking and staring at the snowcone stall, pretending like I had noticed yet. I hope it was working. It would just be embarrassing for me if he knew I was doing this on purpose.

"Um, Hannah yeah ?" I heard him ask. My heart skipped a beat and I slowly turned to look at him.. My hours of waiting had finally begun to pay off..

--

Thanks for reading ! Hope you enjoyed :) RATEPLZ ? the next part should be up maybe tomorrow or the day after x