Chapter Two - Fate

Grey stood in quiet amazement as he starred at the beautiful girl who had appeared in front of them. He registered the fact that Mina was talking to her about their trip, but he couldn't quite make out the words, his mind too enraptured by the beauty in front of him. What was her name? Abigail? The most beautiful name in the world! he thought. 

"Grey??? Hello???" Mina waved her hand in front of his face.

"Oh, yeah, sorry, what was that?" he said trying to take his eyes off Abigail, who was now blushing slightly. How had he not met this girl before? he wondered.

"I said, she's going to take us to Sherwood Forest on her own. She knows her father would never allow us to go alone, and she wants to go on an adventure herself."

"Oh, great!" he said, a bit too enthusiastically. 

Mina raised her eyebrows at him, and he realized it was no great secret he like Abigail. "You weren't so optimistic when we left the castle..."

"Well, now we have one more person in our party, that should make it safer..." he said, playing off his obvious awkwardness. 

"Come this way you two, before someone sees us," Abigial said, motioning for them to follow.

They jogged to the back part of the trolley storage that held them when they weren't running. Abigail found one in particular and took a key out of her pocket. After she opened the door, they entered and the two friends sat on the front bench while Abigail took her place at the wheel. She placed her hand on the magical panel, and the trolley hummed to life.

"She's the daughter of the trolley master," Mina whispered to Grey.

Great, let's get the trolley master's daughter in trouble too... he thought. 

A large door opened behind them and Abigail backed the trolley out. They were soon lifting off the ground flying high above Radiant Garden. He could see a few people who looked like ants below them before they were off, their world just a speck in the distance.

Sherwood Forest had only been recently discovered, and it was a long distance even for a gummi ship. He wondered how long it would take on a trolley... He looked at Abigail, her pretty blonde hair falling over the controls. He dark brown eyes met his, and she smiled at him. He felt his cheeks heating up and turned back to watching the stars wiz by.

"How long will it take, Abigail?" Mina asked.

"Probably a few hours. And please, call me Abi," she said softly. 

"Works for me!" said Mina happily.

Grey didn't say anything, too embarrassed by his pleased feeling.

"You two rest, I'll take care of the getting there," Abi said, her voice melodious and soft.

A few minutes later, Grey starred at Mina dumbfounded as she fell asleep. How could she sleep at a time like this??? He shook his head and then realized he was alone with Abi. He would take a nap too, but there was no way he could go to sleep now. He decided to get up and stand next to Abi. For what reason, he couldn't say.

Abi looked at him when he joined her side, but they just stood in companionable silence for awhile. "She's quite something isn't she?" she asked finally, glancing over at Mina.

"She's a lot like her dad in that regard. Master Sora can fall asleep anywhere." he laughed a little remembering how he found him sleeping behind a curtain in an alcove in the castle, and no one could find him for hours!

"My father always speaks so highly of Master Sora and his rebuilding of the worlds - especially Radiant Garden. I can't imagine knowing him personally," she said wistfully.