Chapter 1 - A Lesson and a Plan

The worlds were once again fully restored after the devastating Keyblade War so many years ago, and the pathways between worlds were now completely open. Keyblade weilders could freely defend and move between the worlds. Not only that, but they were highly respected and sought after peacemakers. The Master of Masters Sora and King Mickey had taken care of that.

"And yet here I am, doing boring study work..." sighed Mina as she starred glumly at her book on shields and how they worked. 

"What was that, Mina?" 

Startled, Mina looked up to see her teacher starring at her. Well, actually more like glaring.

"Sorry, Master Yen Sid! It won't happen again!" she said quickly, although she knew she was lying through her teeth.

"Uh-huh..." he said, his intense eyes filled with disbelief. "Anyways, as I was saying, the shield is one of the three choices you are presented with in the beginning of your keyblade presentation. As such, you must know this choice will play a huge factor in where your path will lead you."

This statement peeked Mina's interests ever so slightly. She raised her hand.

"Yes, Mina?" a tinge of surprise in his voice.

"So you're not allowed to choose again?"

"Quite so. You must make your decision carefully."

"You didn't know that, Mina? Psh, you space out worse than I thought," said her friend Grey sitting in the desk next to her. He was aptly named for his grey hair and pessimistic personality. 

"Shut up, Grey. Not everyone can be perfect like you," she retorted. 

"But you of all people should know, Ms. Daughter of Master of Masters," he said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, but she couldn't come up with a good retort. He was right actually. She should know more, but she couldn't help it... There was just too much to see and so little time to see it. What did you call it... Wanderlust? 

"Ahem, Mina?" Yen Sid, interrupting her thoughts once again.

"Yes, sorry, I'm listening..." she said as she listened halfheartedly to the rest of Yen Sid's lecture. She starred out the window wondering when her adventure would begin. 

***********************************************************************

After class let out, the only two students walked to the door, gave Yen Sid a slight bow at the door, and then started running down the steps once they were out of sight.

"Race ya!" Mina shouted once they were out of ear shot.

"You bet ya!" Grey exclaimed.

The best part of Yen Sid's tower were all the stairwells and banisters. Grey jumped on one of those said banisters and Mina on the other. Shouts of joy rang through the hallway as they slid down laughing as their speeds increase, and Mina's short red hair flipped around her ears. It was a close call, but Grey won purely by being slightly heavier than Mina and therefore having a bit more speed at the end. Mina didn't mind a whole lot even though she griped and complained as if she did. 

"Man, I can't wait till we have our own keyblade armor so we can travel between the worlds without that..." Grey said sighing as he looked at their magical trolley across the yard. 

"Not to mention having an actual keyblade," Mina said, flexing her wrist and willing a keyblade to appear out of thin air like she had seen so many times before watching her parents. 

"Two more years..."

"Wonder who will pass down the keyblade to me?" she wondered aloud as they boarded the trolley.