The Enchanting Pond And Longing Stares

"Bran- What? Its five in the morning.. We have school in like, two hours" I yawned, turning on my bedside lamp. I scooted over for him to sit down, which he did. But he bumped into my bedside table, giving me an apologetic smile. I chuckled and leaned back on my beds headboard, resting my eyes.

"I know, but this is the best time to go to the pond" He mentioned, fixing things on my stand. He leaned over me and poked my arm trying to get my full attention. 

I opened my eye and closed it again, placing my arms around my stomach. "I dont want to run. Its to early" I felt chilly so I pulled the blankets over me.

"Come on! You said you'd run with me soon!" He pointed out, sitting criss cross. I sat up a little more, "Not in the morning." 

"Thats the only time I run." He chuckled, placing a pillow on his lap. I finally looked to him with my tired eyes, then sighed. "If its cold, I will personally throw you in the pond" I rubbed my hands over my face then looked to Brandon.

I finally took in what he looked like. He was wearing a faded brown T-shirt and some old black gym shorts. "Awesome!" He said putting the pillow aside, getting up. 

"Wait a second." I called out sitting up on my knees. He groaned attractively pausing in place, It made me think about doing that more often. 

"Do you always run before I wake you up in the mornings?" I asked, crossing my arms. He looked over his shoulder, "Um.. Cute pajamas but you better change before we go" He changed the subject. He turned around lifting his eyebrow. His eyes slyly scanned over me and he smiled. Then he looped his finger around telling me to hurry it up and closed my door behind him.

I uncrossed my arms and looked at my Pj's. I realized I was wearing a white crop top with 'Rise And Shine' printed across it and long black sweats. I blushed and chuckled a humorless laugh, Why did I agree to this? Well now I was definitely awake and not cold like I usually am. I sat back and sighed. 

Then I walked over to my big lights and flipped on the switch. The light momentarily blinded me but I quickly adjusted. I walked to my closet and grabbed some grey leggings, a light blue sweatshirt and some tennis shoes. I put everything on and slipped on the shoes. I brushed my hair and at the spur of the moment I gargled some mouthwash. 

Might as well smell good too. So I put on some deodorant and sprayed some perfume. It'll all wear off later but I should smell good for a little while. I turned off my lights and opened my door, then closed it quietly.

I walked downstairs to see Brandon leaning against the table, playing on his phone. He looked up as I took my last step down the stairs and set his phone on the table. 

"Soo I got some water bottles and apples to take with us." He turned around grabbing each, then handing them to me holding onto his own. "Thanks" I said rolling the apple around my hand. 

"Okay also, Dont throw me in the pond for this but its sorta chilly outside." He mentioned putting his hands up. I giggled, "I'll try not to. But if its to cold I'm heading back." "No way! You have to go all the way with me." He paused then laughed nervously. 

"That sounded kinda- kinda weird." I laughed with him, "Just a little bit yeah." I made a pinching fingers. He chuckled once more and grabbed his keys. "Okay so are you ready to go?" I exhaled and nodded. 

He smiled and put his water bottle in his pocket. He held the front door open for me and I felt a blast of that cold morning air. It was a still dark out so I stayed close by. I shivered for a moment and turned around as Brandon finished locking the door. "So wheres you headphones? I thought you always jogged with them." Not that I was noticing...