Adore

He was actually very gentle in the way that he cleansed my body. Light strokes with the body sponge, taking his time for everything. He didn't try to be sexual in any way, which I was glad for. He was simply cleansing me. The medicine he rubbed over my body burned, but I knew it was doing its job. After all my wounds were coated I smelled heavily of menthol. He only gave me a pair of white underwear and told me to wait in his room for the tailor. I don't know why I need a tailor, I can just tell him my clothing size.

A short round man came into the room with something akin to a fanny pack. I felt sticky, and didn't want him touching me. I was insecure as he measured the proportions of my body. I knew I was a little too skinny, underweight, and I didn't really look appealing.  My body has never held a ton of weight though, I blame it on my height. It's just stretched too far.

"Hello young king Leopold IV Harold Cadapeld Jr". The short man bowed as my capturer walked in. Cadapeld, I feel like I've heard that name before. I excused the thought thinking nothing of it. Glasses were pushed into my face and I didn't know why. "I don't wear glasses". Luckily these weren't prescribed or it would've hurt my eyes.

"I'm taking you to an eye test just in case. If you do need them I need to know which style looks best on you". I went through 10 pairs before the tailor asked me which pair I liked the best. "The black ones look best", said Harold. I looked down at my feet not daring to question him. Those weren't the ones I liked. I looked to the ground and pouted my lips as I tried to ignore the urge to act out, it's not like I wear glasses anyways.

"Sir, I asked the young boy". My eyes went wide and the side of my mouth curved up without my knowledge. The servant is speaking back to the king, so amusing that is.

I responded, still not going against my new capturer's word. "If my master likes the black ones, then so do I". Master, I still hate that word. The lie tasted bitter on my tongue even if it was only a little white lie.

Harold, my master, looked at me with a brow raised. "Are those really the ones you like?" I prepared a practiced response, but he was too quick to stop me. "Don't lie". He was sharp in the way that he spoke.

I titled my head to the side and took a deep breath

I titled my head to the side and took a deep breath. "Well, I do prefer the brown ones that are circular." I turned my body slightly away from Harold, it felt uncomfortable to go against his wants, and yet I was glad that I had my own say.

"I was hoping you'd say that", the tailor blurted. I was once again surprised when the king did not go off on him. Harold stretched and walked into what I assumed to be a closet. The tailor gave me three options of clothing, that he brought until he makes the personalized clothing for me. I chose the one that covered the most of my body, partially because I'm cold, and because it makes me more comfortable to be completely covered in front of people I don't know.

I placed the maroon turtle beck on my body already loving the feel of the warm cotton

I placed the maroon turtle beck on my body already loving the feel of the warm cotton. I also grabbed a sweater that had a tan line down the middle with black and white surrounding it. The arms fell to the middle of my hands and I stretched them so that I could fully cover my fingers, this is comfortable. My legs were covered by warm black leggings. Humph, they actually fit my legs. I could feel the small smile, and I didn't decide to hide it. I thanked the tailor and he left appropriately.

Harold came out of the closet with a scarf and sweats, but then he smiled and shook his head. "I see you already have warm clothing". He set them down on a random chair and smiled at me. The curve of his lips is starting to make me uncomfortable.

I wonder why the tailor was able to get away with his disobedience, and yet Jerome was not? "May I -" maybe I shouldn't ask, wouldn't that be nosy and rude of me?

"Yes?" I looked up quickly and away from my fingers. He wants me to ask. Should I ask something else, would he know. He was about to open his mouth again, but I already beat him to it.

"Are you and the tailor close?"

"Why do you ask?" Because I'm extremely curious.

"I just, I know you don't take to well to disobedience, and he uh- I'm not trying to get him in trouble though". He chuckled and pat a spot on the bed that he was currently sitting on. I walked over whilst trying to make sure that my feet made as little noise as possible. Everything echoes in here.

"Yes, we are close. He and his wife practically raised me." I figured he would've had a nanny or butler, not his tailor raising him. "I know he didn't mean any harm, he was looking in your best interest. Plus you're charming I don't blame him for succumbing to your wants". He sighed and laid down while I stayed sitting. Did he say I'm charming? I knew the blush was coming, there's no fighting it. "He knows I adore you, and since he sees me as a son, he too sees you as someone to hold close, since you will be in my life for a long time". When did he decide all of this? He was so sure in his words, it made a feeling stir inside of me. I didn't like it.

My stomach growled, I smiled ashamedly. "I don't know why I didn't think to ask if you wanted food when we first got here. So stupid of me". He held a hand out. I really did not want to take it, but I knew my place. I lightly placed mines in his and followed him to what I would hope to be a kitchen.

---------

Did anybody catch my hint for what's to come?