Discoveries

I ate my food in silence, ignoring Leo and his lover. I now understand why the eldest brother doesn't favor them. It's uncomfortable to be around, when they're near fucking each other. I'm not a fan of incest and I'm definitely not a fan when I can't avoid it.

I wanted to excuse myself when I was done with my meal, but I didn't know how to. I just sat patiently watching Leo wipe the blood off the corners of his mouth. I didn't think he was normal, but I didn't think he was a vampire. I'm surprised that I'm not scared. I'm just mentally exhausted, this all seems like too much.

After five more awkward minutes I decided to leave without asking, and fortunately nobody tried to stop me. I roamed the halls for a while not really knowing where to go, and too afraid to open any doors. I'd rather not get in trouble because of my own curiosity. There were paintings almost everywhere, and they all looked to be very old. Assuming that they are indeed vampires, that would mean that they probably are old. I'm not quite sure why the shock hasn't kicked in yet.

As a child I read lots of comics and mythical books, my parents detested me for it, but that was what I loved. My mother always told me that she wished she had aborted me when she had the chance, even that didn't affect me much. I knew I didn't belong with them, and after they started to abuse me I ran. I've always been a dreamer, and now that it's coming true I guess it's just not as surprising.

At the end of one hallway I saw a large window. I walked towards it wondering what the outside held. I probably shouldn't be roaming this far, I could get in plenty of trouble. I could see a greenhouse, I could only wonder the beauty it may hold inside. Nature is something that most take for granted, I hope to never do that. The ground held patches of snow, the rest must have melted. It's either borderline winter here, or almost spring.

I felt someone grab my arm and I jumped in surprise. It was Mr.Brimmings. "What are you doing over here, Leo needs to keep a tighter leash on you. That irresponsible ..." He muttered several profanities under his breath about his younger brother.

All of them seem to be grown men, I wonder why they're living together. Maybe Leo and Dante aren't grown, but Mr. Brimmings has to be. "You know what". He stopped abruptly and my body jolted. "You're going to come with me". My eyes widened in fear, what would he do to me?