I'm Cupid - Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Here you go dear, the tips for today." Louise smiled warmly at me and handed me the jar with my name on it. I chewed on my lip and took the money out, a fair amount of dollars sticking up in different angles.

Thanking her, I waved goodbye to the waitresses for the next shift and stepped out of the cafe, the afternoon sun washing over me almost immediately. I made my way to the building, ignoring the various looks I got from people. 

I was getting better at ignoring other human beings.

Once I got inside, I waved hello to the receptionist and made a beeline to the elevator, the image of my bed almost watering my mouth, my feet stinging from walking and running around all day at the cafe. The elevator dinged and I stepped out, automatically glancing at Ryder's door before walking up to mine.

The past week me and him have been on much better terms and I was over the moon because of it. He smiled, waved, and just generally acknowledged my presence every time we crossed paths. 

Now I was just missing for the idiot to take me out BAM! One happy Cupid coming right up.

I unlocked the door for my apartment and stepped in, tripping up to the kitchen with the thought of eating and then taking a short nap. I opened the fridge, pulling out the donuts I had bought for myself as comfort food when my period rolled up.

Sorry Angel from the future. 

I took one out and left the box on the counter, knowing I'd swipe another one after the one on my hand disappeared.

I made my way to my room and sat down on the bed, pulling my phone out with my other hand. I took a bite from the donut and scrolled around on my phone, checking the unseen message from Toby. 

FuckToboy: Dude urgent how the hell do I fix jeans that ripped on the butt area. ASAP.

I snorted and decided to ignore it, seeing as he sent me that over an hour ago and didn't send another message, I assumed it wasn't important anymore. 

A knock on my window made me drop my phone and almost choke on my donut.

I quickly glanced at the window to see Ryder standing outside, grinning in amusement. He was wearing a basic shirt and jeans, plus a dark red snap back turned to the back of his head. And once again, because my heart was a pussy when it came to this man, it leaped against my chest so forcefully I was afraid it showed through my shirt. 

I smiled nervously at him, waving with the hand that had the last piece of my donut before cocking my head to the side in confusion.

He simply pointed to the handle of the window and raised his eyebrows, enough for me to get he wanted to get inside. I took a deep breath as I stood up, begging my brain to not faint the minute his manly smell hit my senses. 

"What's up?" I said once I opened the door and let him in. He glanced at me, a look that momentarily clenched my insides. He had a mischievous look in his eyes that made my tummy blurt out butterflies.

"Well," he started, slowly walking around and taking a look at my room. I was slowly but surely making it more of my essence, hanging up different things and filling up the shelves with books and paintings. 

"I'm getting another tattoo today, and thought it was a little lonely, so I figured you would maybe want to come along?" he rubbed the back of his neck briefly, a thing I noticed he did when he was feeling uncomfortable. I suppressed the massive grin that was making its way to my lips and nodded, a small smile slipping in either way.