I'm Cupid - Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Angel's POV

Turns out being Cupid had nothing to do with my rock climbing ability.

If Ryder's cocky, triumphant smirk was anything to guide myself by.

He was a fucking spider, and I was left behind to eat his dust as he expertly climbed his way up the rock, almost an automatic, fluid movement that made me question the amount of times he's had at it with the climb.

I was close behind him, my head approximately at level with his hips but even though I pushed myself, for some fucking reason, my ass of a mate reached the top just a couple of seconds before me, a smug look on his face as he watched me stop beside him, a frown on my face as I avoided his gaze.

Yes, I was Cupid and a sore loser.

"What's the matter, princess, too tired to talk?" His grin almost reached his ears, I tell you.

I rolled my eyes, now convinced that Ryder had had a lot of practice in this climb. The man was barely sweating.

"No, I'm just letting you have your moment of glory before I ask you how many times you've climbed this." I watched as he raised an eyebrow, a surprised look shadowed quickly by his cocky smirk.

"First time wonder baby. Don't look so surprised." He leaned back on his harness and grinned at me, a completely relaxed look on his face and body.

I simply rolled my eyes at him and shook my head, looking down at the floor to the guy that was holding my rope. He was looking up at us and once he noticed me, I saw him raise his eyebrows and point at me, I nodded and immediately felt the rope losen enough for me to slide down gracefully.

I jokingly saluted a pouting Ryder and slid down the rock, pushing myself away from the rock and moving downwards with a smile on my face. From the corner of my eye I saw Ryder sliding down, quickly picking up his pace to reach me.

I narrowed my eyes at his figure and moved faster, a thing inside of me pushing me to move faster to reach the floor first. The guy giving up the rope seemed to notice what I was planning and started giving it up quicker, and I grinned as I held Ryder yell out a complain.

"That's no fair Angel!" I simply laughed and raised my middle finger up at him as my feet touched the floor and I leaned against the rock, where moments later Ryder appeared, his breathing haggard and a frown on his face.

"That wasn't a competition." His face looked sulky.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course it was. Everything's a competition, big guy."

A smirk formed on his face as he took a step closer to me, "are you sure about that? Everything?" His lowered voice made something twist inside me, and my eyes automatically locked with his as his chest lightly grazed mine.

I licked my lips, unsure of the change of mood in him but enchanted by the way his deep eyes ran throughout my own gaze to my lips continuously.

"Every. Single. Thing."

His raised eyebrows showed his disbelief, but either way he took a step back and took of his harness, glancing at me the. And slowly kneeling in front of me, his fingers swiftly pulling straps and untying things, quickly loosening up mine and dropping it to the floor.

He looked up at me, hands resting on my hips and I couldn't help but imagine this same instance in my bedroom, with him dropping a lot more than a fucking harness.