I'm Cupid - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I could feel my heart trying to pump his way out of my chest. 

My breathing was uneven as I tried to look at anywhere except at him, because I knew that my attempts to calm down would be worth nothing if I looked at those glowing eyes of his. 

The clearing of his throat made my head snap to his face, but I was careful in avoiding eye contact. He had an unfair advantage over me, to be honest. 

"So, how was your day?" I could feel the playful, empty smirk on his lips as he talked. He looked like the guy that would charm ladies to bed, and even though it pained me to think about it, I knew it was true. I shrugged, still looking down at my hands like they were the most interesting thing in the whole wide world. "Nothing interesting to tell?" He asked again, and I could still feel the smile on this face. I bet his lips looked as inviting as yesterday night, pink, moist, and just delicious.

I scolded a little, trying to grasp the feelings I was suddenly battling with. I was always in control, never did I feel this way with anyone. My father had said that when the time came, and I met the special person I was made to be with, I would feel things that I would never be able to compare.

------

'..."But Daddy, what if I feel like this with someone that isn't my special person?" I asked as I tried to fly while sitting on the swing. 

Daddy chuckled, lightly pushing me to gain some speed. "That's the thing, Dot, you'll feel like this with that special person." He said, sitting in the swing beside mine. It was an early spring, so me and my dad decided to take a walk to the park.

How could someone make me feel something that nobody else would?  My head couldn't wrap around the fact that I was sharing my soul with someone else. "How will I know it's the special person Daddy?" 

"Well sweet heart," he said, grabbing my hips and flinging me up to the air, making me giggle before setting me down again. "This person will make you feel like you're on top of the world, and not just anyone can make you feel that, right?" I nodded, thinking. 

"Does everyone get to feel that with someone?" I asked, looking into my dad's warm blue eyes. 

He shook his head. "Just some people are born like that Angel. When you were born, the stars decided that you wouldn't be exactly a normal girl, they decided you would be special. They planned something for you Dot. You're special, and you can't let anyone tell you other wise. 

There's a person who was made for you, and guess what," He looked at me expectantly, "That person was made for me?" I asked, not so sure of myself. He nodded, just after another question popped into my mind.

"But Daddy, how do you know all this?"

He smiled, pulling me closer to a hug,  whispering softly to my ear. "The stars told me, Dot..." '

------

"Hello? Is someone there?" His voice took me out of my day dream. That day was the last day I saw my father healthy, and not in a hospital bed 24/7. Since that day, I always looked at the stars at night, and always wondered what else they had planned out for me. After I knew I was Cupid, I started to believe that my father was up there, floating around the stars, smiling down on me.