I'm Cupid

Prologue

"They say that Cupid is the most beautiful creature in the world. Flawless hair, lips, skin, eyes, everything. It walks with an aura of kindness, mystery, and pride. Her steps are elegant, her movements don't have a single second of hesitation. 

Just one look, and the whole world stops. Every human being will be intrigued by the reincarnation of this perfect creature. Every living thing will be eager to have her attention, even just for a second. Her eyes shine even at night, she is understanding and has the most beautiful smile in the whole wide world. 

She has the compassion of the kindest ladies, she is strong willed, she cares for everyone. She is powerful in ways no one can imagine. The reincarnation of Cupid is the most perfect human being that has ever existed. 

She knows everything there is to know of the world, in every sense. She is athletic, funny, honest and to the point. Her energy makes her seem playful, but with self control. No drug or any kind of alcohol will affect Cupid's body, no stab can kill her. 

She gives love to the ones that deserve it. Even if she is perfect, she is down to earth. Cupid can make any man fall to her feet, every girl wants to be by her side. 

The prophecy tells that Cupid has a mate. One male in the whole wide world, will be ignorant to her natural charm. One man, will have to fall in love with her in the classic, normal way. If Cupid doesn't find his mate, she will slowly go crazy until death seems the only option. 

Everyone wants Cupid. But Cupid just wants one person."

I closed the old book and placed it in my dresser. I looked out the window and watched as a young couple fought not far away from my house. I looked closely, analyzing both girls as both had tears in their eyes. I smiled, I saw the glint in both of them. 

I stood up and walked to my closet. Grabbing the bow and one arrow, I sat in my place again. Carefully, I opened the window and placed the arrow on the bow. Closing one eye, I released the arrow and watched as it penetrated one of the ladies, until there was just dust. I watched enchanted as the lady's eyes flashed, before she leaned in and kissed her girl in the lips. I smiled, pleased that I did that. 

I turned around, but out of the corner of my eyes I watched as the couple walked down the pavement, smiled on their faces, holding hands. 

I am Cupid.