chapter 14

"Mzingo's telling the hyenas which one to target next," Ono commented as he was perched on Behste's back still. "Smart, in a devious sort of way."

"Yeah." Larvitar nodded.

"I don't get it," Akito said. "They've already scored a couple gazelles."

"Shouldn't that plenty for all of them?" Estelle added.

"Yeah, but why are they still attacking?" Vincent wondered.

"Janja and his clan will keep going until the whole herd is dead." Kion rushed over with Bunga, Kopa, and the Pokemon.

"What? That's crazy." Akito said.

"No..." Behste frowned to that.

"Don't they understand the Circle of Life?" Fuli asked.

"They don't care about the Circle of Life," Kion replied bravely. "They're not hunting for food. They want to throw the Pridelands into chaos. And it's up to the Lion Guard to stop them!"

"The Lion Guard?" Fuli asked.

"You mean us?" Ono added in.

"What about what Simba said?" Behste reminded.

"Who cares if you all aren't lions?" Akito said.

"He's right." Kopa agreed.

"Yeah," Kion added in. "I know we're the Pridelands' fiercest, bravest, fastest, strongest,and keenest of sight!"

"That's true." Behste replied with a smile.

"Of course we are!" Fuli also smiled.

"I guess...?" Ono shrugged uneasily.

"You guys are the best." Estelle smiled.

"Yeah!" Bunga sounded ready and brave. "Let's go get those stinkin' hyenas!"

"Hold it, Bunga," Kion put his paw down on the honey badger's tail. "This isn't a game. We need a plan to take on the hyenas. And I think I have one. That is, if the rest of you are ready to join the Lion Guard."

"Yeah." Kopa said.

Bunga smirked, he liked where this was going so far.

"I'm in." Fuli said.

"Ditto." Ono added in.

"Lay it on us, Kion." Behste finished.

"Bunga, you are the bravest." Kion said as he tapped the honey badger's arm.

After his arm was tapped, a mark was placed on it.

"Fuli, you are the fastest." Kion then did the same to the female cheetah.

And the same thing happened on her shoulder.

"Ono, you are the keenest of sight," Kion then did to the egret and the same thing happened, even to the hippo once he got to him. "Behste, you are the strongest."

Ono smiled and held out his wings as he was marked.

"We are the Lion Guard," Kion said proudly and bravely. "And here's what we're going to do..." he then said before telling them all about his plan to stop Janja and the other hyenas from destroying the Circle of Life.

'I can't wait to see how this plan goes.' Larvitar thought to himself.

Cherry was in her human form and was sitting on the ledge of Pride Rock with her legs crossed as she looked out into the sunset. "The children have been gone for an awfully long time..." she muttered to herself.

"Cerise, the children haven't come back yet." Forte said.

"That's what I'm saying...." Cherry glanced back at him.

"Maybe we should go out and look for them." Mo said.

"They don't know these jungles like we did when Princess Celestia brought us here." Atticus agreed.

"We better get going then." Mo said.

"On my mark." Forte said.

Cherry, Atticus, and Mo put on their Equestrian medallions from childhood and became adult lion and lionesses.

"We better get going now." Mo said.

"Where do we look though?" Atticus wondered.

Cherry took a deep sniff as she walked out, she sniffed the ground and whipped her head up. "This way, I can smell their blood!" she instructed them before going off in the direction she was told to go into.

"Wahoo!" Mo smiled.

"Come on, we better hurry!" Atticus urged.

Cherry led them to where she could smell their children and hopefully they could make it before any of them would get seriously hurt.