chapter 4

Pumbaa was walking off alone while Timon was with Tesma and his niece and nephews.

"Hey, Pumbaa, where you going?" Estelle asked the warthog.

"Oh, just walkin' since Timon's busy." Pumbaa smiled to the young girl.

"You know, you should get a girlfriend." Estelle said.

"Yeah... I guess..." Pumbaa shrugged. "Timon's got Tesma, Simba's got Nala..."

There was a log crawling with bugs and someone appeared to be stuck in it.

"Hey, you guys want a bug smorgasbord?" Pumbaa invited with a grin.

"Uh, we'll pass for another time..." Vincent put his hands up nervously.

"Oui, oui." Felicity agreed with a nervous smile.

Pumbaa chuckled. "Ya talk funny, Felicity, I like it..." he said, referring to her French speaking, he then came to the log.

"Felicity is speaking French." Estelle told him.

"Uh, thank you, Estelle..." Felicity muttered about the language barrier.

Pumbaa smiled as he spotted a few dung beetles as they were going off the log and wandering on a trail. The warthog smiled as he went after them.

Vincent saw a small creature which appeared to be a baby honey badger that was stuck in the log, then plucked it out, then set it down. "There you go, little guy, go back to your family." he smiled.

The baby honey badger looked around, then smiled to warthog, and followed after him like a newborn chick or a lost puppy.

"Looks like he wants to live with Pumbaa." Vulpix said.

The honey badger kept following the warthog who followed after the dung beetles and hummed a song to himself.

"Let's see if we can find this little guy's parents." Estelle said.

"Unless he is... An orphan..." Felicity said.

"Do you think so?" Vincent asked.

"He is following after Pumbaa and he is all alone..." Felicity speculated. "It seems possible."

"Yeah," Misdreavus nodded. "And Estelle, I think Teddy is upset about something."

"Teddy?" Estelle asked.

The others went after the honey badger and Pumbaa, giving Estelle and Teddy some privacy.

"Teddy, what's wrong?" Estelle asked her Teddy Bear Pokemon.

"Oh, nothing," Teddy pouted firmly. "'Cept that ever since we met Kiara and Kion, you were so busy with them that you forgot all about me!"

"What? Teddy, that is not true," Estelle said. "Listen, Teddy, even though Kion and Kiara may be cute, I will always love you, no matter what."

"Always?" Teddy asked.

"Always." Estelle promised with a smile.

The two then shared a hug.

"I'm sorry, Mama..." Teddy whispered.

"It's okay, you were just being jealous of Kion and Kiara getting all the attention." Estelle soothed the Teddy Bear Pokemon.

"Yeah... A little..." Teddy said.

"It happens to the best of us..." Estelle relaxed. "I still remember when Tommy Pickles was jealous when his brother Dil was born."

"So, even humans can get jealous?" Teddy smiled.

"Everybody gets jealous, Teddy," Estelle put her arm around him. "Sometimes even me."