chapter 2

Nala had a couple of cubs in her arms, there was one with a tuft of crimson mane on its head and the other one was bare-headed, but it appeared to be cream and golden, a perfect mix of its parents' fur colors. Kopa was at the ceremony as well, not wanting to miss this for anything in the world. Timon and Pumbaa were of course there. There were also a female meerkat who sat on the warthog's back with three young meerkats, Timon's niece and nephews: Mabu, Mishka, and Monty.

"Wow, there's a lot of animals here." Vincent said.

"Welcome to the Pridelands." Forte told him and the other children as they entered.

"This is so cool." Akito smiled.

The guest lions and Pokemon waited underneath Pride Rock. Rafiki held the cubs in his arms and held them out to introduce the jungle to the future heirs to the throne. Kopa smiled proudly, he was mostly excited because he was going to be a big brother.

"I wonder what their names are." Estelle whispered.

"We'll find out soon." Mo promised.

"Um, Mom, I think she's already gone up there to find out." Vincent told her.

"What?" Mo looked down.

Estelle giggled as she ran with Teddy up to Pride Rock to meet the newest members of Simba's pride.

"Has that girl lost her mind?!" Forte asked.

"She's your daughter all right." Cherry smirked to Atticus.

"Yep, she sure is." Atticus said.

Estelle kept going along until she made it to the top of Pride Rock as Rafiki presented the newborn cubs to the jungle.

'I gotta get a closer look.' Estelle thought to herself.

"Ah, Pumbaa," Timon smiled down to the cubs. "Look at that little guys. A couple of chips off the old block! And you gotta know who's gonna raise 'em..."

"Their parents?" Pumbaa assumed.

"Okay... Get technical..." Timon paused for a moment. "But who's gonna teach him the really important stuff? Like how to belch?" he then burped suddenly. "And dig for grubs?" he then jumped down off of his best friend's back. "I'm telling ya, buddy... It's gonna be like old times. You, me... and the little guys."

Rafiki chuckled as he held the cubs. "One of them is a girl."

"Yeah, guys." Kopa added in.

"Oh, one of them's a girl..." Timon said, then his eyes widened.

"GIRL?!" Timon and Pumbaa gawked to each other and then fainted in the middle of the ground.

They both landed on top of Estelle as she tried to get a closer look.

"Ow..." the girl groaned slightly.

"Mama!" Teddy cried, then took her frontal paws and tried to pull her out from underneath the warthog and meerkat.

"Timon, wake up!" the adult female meerkat panicked as the pups tried to wake their uncle up.

"Did Rafiki and Kopa just say that one of the lion cubs is a girl?" Timon asked.

"Yes, Uncle Timon, one of the new cubs is a girl." Mabu said.

"Oh, how exciting!" Mishka beamed.

"Yes, it's exciting, now someone please get these two off of me!" Estelle exclaimed.

"Oh, Timon..." the adult female meerkat sighed and pulled him off gently.

Akito scampered up onto Pride Rock and lifted Pumbaa up despite the warthog being several sizes bigger than him and set him on the other side, off of his twin sister.