chapter 5

Kiara and Kion grew to make friends with other cubs, and Kion, well, he made all sorts of different friends. He became friends with Bunga, the honey badger who Pumbaa had adopted after being unable to find out where the honey badger's real family could had been, but they were both a family now since they didn't have anybody else. Timon also offered to help Pumbaa and was proud of his best friend for finding himself someone to give him good company in a family and friend sense.

Timon even started to like Bunga after the honey badger had helped them get the most rare bugs of all. Mabu, Mishka, and Monty liked Bunga like a big brother, especially since their Uncle Timon and now Aunt Tesma had raised them and they were not forced to dig tunnels like Timon did when he was a misfit meerkat back in his colony before he had met Pumbaa. Kopa loved being a big brother, even if it did have its ups and downs.

The ups were that he got to teach somebody something and look out for them, but the downs were having to give up some attention, and with two babies around, that sometimes wasn't easy, but Vincent and Felicity helped him with that since they could relate a lot, especially Felicity. The Pokemon would at times help them with the cubs. One day was going to be one to remember, especially for one specific cub. Kiara came out of the cave first and looked out to the jungle, she was excited and was about to run off to explore it all for herself.

"Whoa!" Simba stopped his daughter with a smile. "Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?"

"Daddy!" Kiara wiggled in her father's grip, a little irritated and impatient, but she giggled as she tried to escape his grasp. "Let go!"

"Now, I just want you to be careful." Simbra told her.

Kiara nodded until she saw a passing butterfly, then tried to pounce after it and giggled in mild amusement and excitement.

"Kiara, are you listening?" Simba stepped on her tail to keep her from wandering off. "Accidents can happen. You could easily get hurt, or stepped--"

"...Hurt, or stepped on, or even get lost." Kiara finished for him, having heard this millions of times before with Kion and was sure that Kopa was given the same lesson when he was their age.

Kion came out ready for the day as well as Kopa as they both came out of the cave. Nala came out with them and smiled down to her boys as she then went over to Simba's side as they talked before Kiara could go around the Savanna.

'Dad's doing the lesson again.' Kion thought to himself with a groan.

"Oh, not this again...' Kopa also groaned to himself.

Nala walked over with a gentle laugh. "Mind your father, Kiara."

Kiara giggled to her mother. "Yes, Mom."

"And stay away from the Outlands." Simba then sharply warned.

"Nothing there but a bunch of backstabbing, murderous Outsiders!" Zazu added in as he flew by the lions' sides.

"Zazu's right, you can't turn your back on them." Atticus said as he came out of the cave and joined them.

"Really?" Kiara asked. "How come, Uncle Atticus?"

"Never mind that now, just run along." Atticus said.

"Your uncle is right." Simba said.

"But, guys, I--" Kiara spoke up.

"You'll understand someday," Simba promised. "Go on."

"Dad..." Kiara tilted her head.

Two young lionesses around Kiara's age came, one had grassy green eyes and another one had midnight blue eyes.