[36] moo's and manipulation [NOT the last chapter]

THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY. 

If one more person tries to tell me this story is unfinished, I will eat your entire family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - S I X (not the last chapter)

“Welcome to E-bay,” Eli grinned, reclined in his chair as we were all ordered to sit on a bench infront of the guys in a row. The projector screen behind us lit, giving the room an alien-like blue glow.  On the projector screen was the ebay logo, but an ‘li’ had been added to the E, making it his own personalised “Eli-bay.” We all sat as we were told, dropping submissively to the bench like children in detention. Well, all of us but Jeddah, who refused to obey orders.

“But you told me if I did it you wouldn’t sell me!” She protested, grabbing fistfuls of greasy hair with her fingers. She looked thinner than I remembered, and paler.

“Well, babe,” Eli said, picking a bag of cookies from a chilly bin, chocolate chip flavour this time, “I wasn’t satisfied. So sit down.” Tears welling in her eyes, she sat down, dropping her head into her hands. I felt terrible. Eli popped a cookie in his mouth, before leaning forward imtimidatingly.

“So from left to right,” he began, swallowing his mouthful, “we’ve got Jeddah, Katie, Candace, Jaime and Grace, each with their own reserve price.” He picked up his laptop from the floor and punched something in. Our pictures appeared on the screen in a row, pictures I’d never seen before. Katie eating a corn dog at the purple palace, Jeddah pinning up a poster in our health classroom, Cancace serving a customer a milkshake at Curly’s, Jaimie looking terrified in the back of a car, and me leaning across a desk to pick up a health textbook the day Eli slipped the post-it in my backpack.

Under my picture was an unbelievable $968. I couldn’t believe it,

“If you haven’t already figured,” Eli said, “those notes I gave you are your reserve prices. So feel honoured, you’re expensive, so I’m sure the boys will treat you well.” He grinned at them like that was supposed to be a joke. They all smirked, sniggering at each other before turning back to their laptops.

“And ladies,” Eli smirked, “if you want to know your potential new owners, we have Blaine, Chase, Monty Blake and Tyler.” I stared hard at Chase, who not only looked ridiculously familiar, but had pink Gucci dimante studded headphones around his neck, exactly the ones I lost with my ipod, ipad and the rest of my luggage the day I arrived at Ethans, or should I say, Jaimie’s parents apartment. He grinned at me, and then it hit. He was the guy from the bus. I looked at him in absolute disbelief, feeling as though I couldn’t trust anyone on the planet. The good looking health teacher? The friendly guy on the bus? The quiet weirdo who made castles out of ice cream cones? It was as if everyone was out to get me.

“Let the bidding begin.”

[A/N you are not reading the last chapter]

We sat there waiting for our buyer, with goose pimpled skin and shaking hands, watching them place bids on us like horses at the races. It was disgusting that these guys would spend so much money on their sexual desires. I watched with anticipation as the numbers rose, as guys competed for their prizes. My number stayed stagnant at a $1,000 bid from Eli. Why he was bidding when I assumed the money was going to him anyway was foreign to me, but I shrugged it off. He reclined in his chair, sticking his feet up and looking totally carefree as no one attempted to outbid him. As it had been said before, everyone knew not to touch things Eli had claimed.