[14] Holding hands and heat waves

So here's the finished version of chapter 14! :D Hope you guy's like it. Oh and I hope that you guys like the fact that for the first time in ages I've uploaded TWO Chapters at the same time (: I got way too carried away with the fight scene in chapter 15 and had to keep writing. ENJOY! :D 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N 

❤ 

“Oh, oh wow, that’s, it’s um, well it’s nice.”

          “The pants are actually super comfortable,” Jasper replied a little more enthusiastically than I’d expected as he gazed down at his baggy Aladdin pants, “I mean, I look like a bit of a douche, but I’m not kidding when I say they’re heaven on my skin.” His entire face dropped the moment Jaimie entered the room, like her presence drained him entirely of self respect. I wasn’t surprised though, because Jaimie found ways to make fun of Jasper anyway, and the fact that he was dressed up in an Aladdin suit was probably just the icing on top of the cake.

          “Oh my god you look ridiculous!” She hollered across the room, after letting out a cackling laugh. Her hazel eyes began to water as she continued to laugh, stumbling over to where Jasper was standing awkwardly in the middle of the lounge.

          “And I thought the time you dressed up as a chilli pepper to advertise pizza was funny, but Aladdin? This is just hilarious! Wait wait, I have to get my camera.” She darted back to her bedroom looking like a light bulb in her neon yellow skinny jeans.

          “Let’s get out of here,” Jasper said quickly before Jaimie had the chance to document his humiliation for future reference. He snatched my hand in his and dashed towards the door, dragging me behind him. I heard him say something, but my ears only registered a mutter. My main focus was on the tingling feeling growing in my hand, creeping up my arm like soft pins and needles. It was as if the skin on skin contact between out cupped fingers created some sort of static electricity, locking out hands together in some sort of electric fusion. But it fizzled out the moment he let go, dropping my hand so it flopped limply back to my thigh. I shook my head, trying to shake the memory of the feeling from my mind, but I could still feel dull pin pricks in my hand. Evidence of what I felt was inevitable, as lame and exaggerated as it sounds.

<3

          “Here you go,” I smiled, dropping my coins into the bus driver’s hand. He looked more like he belonged in a coffin rather than being behind the wheel of a passenger-filled vehicle. And by being at an almost decomposing age I expected him to be friendly, smiling at the cheerful teenager handing him the bus fare. But no, he grunted angrily and placed his shaky, arthritis-riddled hands on the steering wheel.

          “Someone needs to take a happy pill,” I said sarcastically, swinging into the seat next to Jasper. He cleared his throat, his eyes flicking to my mouth, the cheesy grin that wouldn’t disappear no matter how hard I tried to think sad thoughts. Even dying kittens couldn’t erase the smirk I swore was tickling my ears.

          “Looks like someone already overdosed,” he said with a laugh, leaning against the window as a small girl popped her head over the seat in front of us.

          “Are you the real Aladdin?” She asked, her tongue poking through the gap in her front teeth as she spoke.

          “Maybe,” Jasper replied, pulling his genie lamp from where it was stuffed in his pocket. The girl’s eyes began to glow with utter astonishment.