The Golden State

I checked myself in the mirror, making sure I was ready to be seen in public. Everything seemed good, so I made my way out the door, making sure to lock it. I shoved my key in my pocket, I wasn't really a purse person. I paused in the hallway to pull out my phone and ear buds. I texted Jordan, notifying him that I would be out all day, before shoving my headphone in my ears. I pressed play, and the song Misery Business by Paramore started playing. I love this song. I had to fight the urge to start singing out loud, and danced over the elevator. I pushed the button, hoping to not have a run-in with Tom again.

Ding.

I saw a figure standing in the elevator and I froze. I stepped cautiously into the small space, only to be greeted by a kindly old man. I smiled at him, and he returned it. That was all the interaction we shared as we both stood awkwardly on opposite sides of elevator. God, I hate elevators. It's always so awkward with other people, not to mention the slight claustrophobia I have.

Ding.

I walked out of the elevator quickly, eager to escape the awkwardness. Being the sexy beast I was, I tripped on the carpet in the lobby. I felt my face burn as people stared, smirked, and even chuckled. Rude. I straightened myself, and walked out of the lobby like a boss. I wish. I almost walked into the glass door, catching myself at the last minute. I pushed it open, and quickly shuffled out the door. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I stood awkwardly outside the building. I looked around for a  nice place to get my bearings, my New Yorker senses telling me the busy street was no safe place to be. I spotted a Starbucks that I had gone to on my other Cali out-tings, and ran in between the stopped traffic on the street. I pushed open the door, and stood in line, waiting for an opportunity to order. The song Bad by The Cab started playing as I moved up the line, and I was dying to burst out in song. Finally, I reached the counter.

"May I help you?" asked the worker behind the counter.

"Um, yes. Can I get a medium iced coffee please?" I asked politely.

"Coming right up, miss," he responded, then turned around to make the coffee. I waited patiently by the counter as the worker brew my coffee, and when he handed it to him I gave him a nice tip. He muttered a thank you then went back to work. I went and sat in one of the comfy armchairs and pulled out my phone. I researched some attractions, and planned my day. Oh yes. I noticed that there was an amusement park a few miles away. Oh yes, oh yes. I love amusement parks. Especially roller-coasters. I used to have a really bad fear of them, but after my friend forced me to ride "Horror Escape" with her, I became that kid chanting 'again, again!' while everyone was feeling sick. So the amusement park it was. I gathered all my stuff together, taking my coffee. I made my way towards the door, only to run into... Tom. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck. He pushed me off him, somewhat aggressively, then his angry face turned into a satisfied smirk.

-Tom's POV-

Well, look what we have here...

"We meet again, mysterious elevator girl," I said with a smirk as I held the girl's shoulder so she couldn't move.

"Go away," she bit back, looking me right in the eyes, daring me to speak. 

"Um, how about no?" I teased. I wasn't one to turn down a challenge. The mystery girl shook off my hand and pushed past me, briskly walking down the sidewalk. I jogged up next to her, smirking. "Oh no girly, you aren't gettin' away that easy." She rolled her eyes, causing my smirk to grow larger. "So where ya going, girly?" I asked.

"Known of your business, Tom," she snapped. Ooh, feisty. 

"Oh, so you remember my name, huh?" I teased, knowing I was pissing this girl off. Whatever, I always piss off girls at the start. It's all part of my plan to get them in my pants, then dramatically dump them. "Have you told your little boyfriend about me?"