Chapter Twenty One

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

All the ladies if you feel me, help me sing it out...

I can't believe I believed
Everything we had would last
So young and naive for me to think
She was from your past
Silly of me to dream of 
One day having your kids
Love is so blind 
It feels right when it's wrong
Me, Myself, And I, Beyonce

Chapter Twenty One

“Is she alright?”

A familiar voice said out of nowhere, and I knew who it was immediately. My body felt fluid and limp when I woke up staring up the white ceiling, my head throbbing still. I darted my eyes away from the ceiling and focused my head at the familiar figure hovered around me. It was Ashley and Vincent, looking worried.

“Hey” I croaked, trying to sit up but failed to do so since my body seemed to give way.

Their hands was stretched out suddenly, ready to support if I fall or something. “Don’t move too much, you might be out of it” Ashley warned.

I nodded, weakly and managed to lean on the headboard. The doctor started taking some notes down, and asking how I felt.

“Groggy, and tired” I admitted.

She smiled, “You’ll feel a little worse later”

I returned her smile with a weak one, and asked. “What I am doing here?”

“You don’t remember?”

I shook my head, “No”

She looked at my friends, indicating that she was going to say something confidential and I was the only who was allowed to know about it since it was my own health. “We’ll be here” they said, and I nodded.

When they were gone, the doctor turned to me. “I’ve written the medicines and other things that you are required to get the headache off. The medicine is still strong so don’t try to move that much. You have a little temperature but it will go down soon once you rest”

“Here” she said, holding out two painkillers “this will help while you rest. It won’t be forever, but it’ll ease the pain”

“Thanks” I said, and took the pills from her and dropped them in my mouth, followed by a glass of water.

“I need to discuss something important with you Mrs Johnson” the sound of Jace’s name sent chill and anxiety in me. I didn’t know whether it was from what she was about to say or the mention of his last name.

“What is it?” I asked, suddenly nervous.

She sighed, and adjusted her glasses. Then she smiled, “you’ve got nothing to worry about, your health’s fine. In fact, you’re blessed to have what you are having”

I frowned, confused. I didn’t know what she was talking about, and I sure do hope that it wasn’t something massive. Or anything that could kill me.

“It’s good news, Amy” she reassured.

“Will it affect my body?” I asked.

“Yeah, a little. I guess.”

“Then what is it?” I asked, growing more and more tired with the anxiety hanging around the room.

“You’re pregnant”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, surely it was just a joke she was feeding me. “That can’t be possible, Doc” I managed to let out.

She smiled, warmly “That’s always what I get from those who are pregnant and then a few months later you’ll see them cooing and crying in happiness after they delivered their babies”

No, no.

How was this possible? I never had done it, unless—no.

Suddenly, everything came back to me. The party Jace and I was invited in. I remembered drinking and passing out. And then waking up in the hospital again—then something rushed to me. Bits of pieces that I could remember, and it all had come back now.

We went home and now I remembered him, lying me down. On my bed. Everything was a haze then, but I could remember him kissing my neck, and further down. Sending butterfly kisses down my cheeks, and throat. And then before I knew it, everything had happened so quickly that I had barely been conscious while it was happening.

That had explained my nausea and the headaches I had been getting.

“Amy? Are you alright?” the doctor asked, looking worried as if she thought I would pass out.

I was ready to pass out, anyway.

“I’m pregnant” I whispered.

 “Yes, you are” The doctor said, kindly.

I didn’t know whether I should be happy or how I should feel. I wasn’t expecting a baby, let alone to have one.

She left me alone to have time to think, and indicated for Vincent and Ashley to come in. they sat around the bed, and I smiled.

“What did she say about you?” Vincent asked.

“Nothing to worry about” I replied, not ready to tell them yet. Well, not Vincent at least.

I was allowed to go the next day, and I was glad to be home. I didn’t want to hang around the hospital any longer since I hated them and had a massive phobia on needles.

Jace was home when Ashley dropped me off, and I was surprised to see him waiting by the porch. “How long were you at the hospital?” he asked.

“Oh, it was just a day. I had to stay overnight so that they could, examine what it was about me” I replied, walking past him.

“What, did they find anything? Like maybe there was something growing inside your body that could affect your health?” he remarked, smirking.

My heart clenched, and I didn’t looked back. I went straight to my room, too tired to say anything.

“Don’t turn your back on me, when I’m talking to you” Jace growled, grabbing my arm roughly.

“Jace” I pleaded. “Please, I’m tired”

“So you’re tired, huh? I bet you saw that brother of mine” he said.

“I did, he was there when I was confined” I replied, back.

His eyes grew darker, glinting dangerously. “Stay away from him, he’s no good to you Amy”

I shook my head, and tried to get him to let my arm go. But he wouldn’t budge, I stared down at his hand gripping my arm tightly that it nearly had bruises.

“What had really happened at the party?” Jace asked, staring at me with intensity.

“Nothing. I just passed out and I was brought to hospital. Apparently, I was just having a little temperature” I lied.

I didn’t dare take a glance on his face because I knew he was furious and I could tell by the way he tightened his hold on me again.

“Jordan decided to move here”

How's this guys? Alright, here is chapter twenty one and I know this chapter was a bit of a suprise huh? Haha, evil laughs. Anyway, before I get carried away, please check out Bad Boy's Attraction because I need a lot of feedback on the story whether I should continue or not. Anyway, vote and comment please :D

Enjoy!

Nhica xx