Chapter Fourteen

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

It feels like you're a million miles away as you're lying here with me tonight.
I can't even find the words to say I can find a way to make it right.
And we both know that the story's ending,
We play the part but we're just pretending and I can't hide the tears
'cause even though you're here,
It feels like you're a million miles away.

A Million Miles Away, Rihanna

Chapter Fourteen

My alarm clock started ringing, indicating that it was time for school. Days, and weeks dragged on. Summer vacation was over, and since Jace didn't have to go to school my parents had said they are not having their daughter not finishing college.

I swung my legs off the bed, and hauled myself to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I finished, I took a glance on my closet. Trying to decided on what to wear, today.

I settled for a pair of skinny jeans and blue shirt, and made my way downstairs for breakfast. Jace was already up and running, wearing a suit. At the age of eighteen he didn't need to worry about getting into college, or finishing high school.

I watched him as he drank his coffee, it's been a week since our birthday. He never found out that it was me who bought him the pen, and since he got stood up by Jordan, he was convinced that it was from her as for his birthday gift.

I walked over to the counter, trying to avoid him. I poured myself a coffee, and went outside to get the mail. The cold breeze sipped into my skin, making me shiver. I grabbed the envelopes inside the mailbox and rushed inside.

Jace was finished eating breakfast, instead he was talking to his phone. I could only hear murmuring from him, but judging by the tone of his voice it was his lover. I tried not to listen to my husband's conversation but it was hard not to hear a few bits and pieces of what he was saying.

"Don't worry, I'll be there tonight" he said, I could hear a smile in his voice.

I felt jealous, actually, it was more than jealousy. Jordan didn't marry him, but I did. But it felt like Jordan was the one who could only give what Jace needed, no matter what I do for him, it wasn't enough.

I dropped the mails on top of the counter, and poured myself a coffee when I had run out a few minutes ago. I sat down on one of the stool, and looked through the mails.

It was all for Jace, but one envelope caught my attention. It was addressed for me, I teared the top off and started reading.

It was from Jordan. My blood had gone cold, my body trembled. She wanted me to give up the marriage early, so that Jace could marry her instead.

"No," I whispered. My finger digged into the piece of paper I was holding, my hand clenching and unclenched in fear. I couldn't, I just couldn't leave Jace right now. I mean, I still got about seven months before we have our Annulment and I wanted to make memories with him before I leave.

Amy, there is still time to take what Jordan was offering you. You know that this man could never be yours, no matter what you do or say you will have to let him go. Seven months, after seven months, willing to or not you must give him back to the woman he loves.

The voice in my head was right, willing to or not I must give him back to Jordan. But that doesn't mean that I could give him to her, right away. I couldn't let go of him, not yet.

I ripped the note into pieces, tears stung at the back of my eyes threatening to spill. I wiped them away just before Jace came back, looking happy.

I got up from the stool, and put the rubbish inside the bin. I wished that he wouldn't see it, that I wouldn't look anything suspicious. I finished the remaining coffee, and ran up the stairs to grab my bag.

Jace caught my arm just before I flight up the stairs, keeping me captive. I looked up to see him looking at me, intensed.

"What is it?" I asked, in a low voice.

"Jordan's coming over tonight, and she doesn't intend on seeing you" he replied.

I cocked my head to the side, puzzled. "What would you like me to do?"

"I need you out of the house, Amy. I don't you to ruin our night"

My lips was shaped into an O, suprised I asked "But, where am I staying?"

"I don't care where you stay, I couldn't care less where you go. But as long as you're out of the house, understand?" I nodded, indicating I understood.

Just as I thought that there might be a possibility for him to be nice to me, that there was something going on between us he became cold hearted again.

He let of me, and I bolted up the stairs. A tear rolled down, I wiped it away quickly. I didn't want his pity, what I wanted from him was love.

I reached my room, and sat down on the bed. The thought of leaving Jace for Jordan clawed inside my chest. I didn't want to let go, not when I was forced to marry the man she loves in front of the altar.

But in the end, it felt like it was my choice to marry Jace to save the company. A headache, worked its way up into my head. I rubbed my temples, and the pain had eased a little. I had been getting headaches since I went to the party with Jace.

Shaking the thought, I went over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. My eyes were puffy, and my lips a little swollen. I didn't noticed that I was biting till now, I washed my face and told myself to be strong.

I need to be strong.

Hey Guys, here is Chapter Fourteen! :D Wow, I've gone really far, haven't I? Sorry some of the chapters might not make any sense since the whole book is unedited and couldn't really find the time to get in touch with my editor and exams are tommorow. Anyway, what do you guys think about this chapter? It might be confusing, I think? And there might be some grammatical errors as well but yeah. :)

Don't forget to comment and vote ! :)

Enjoy

Nhica xx