Chapter Nine

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I'd be a better man
If I were a boy, Beyonce

Chapter Nine

I didn't see Jace very often these days, we never really interact anymore since he always leave me for Jordan. I will always remember when I first met Jace, we were seven and it was in the middle of the summer. Jace's hair wasn't stylished then, it was normally stuck up in every direction and never really cared.

His green eyes shone brightly against the sunlight streaming down on us, it was one of those days when our parents decided to get us to play while they talk. My mum had always said, "It's only for adults, sweetheart. Go, and play with little Jace, now" and she gave me a little pushed.

Since it was only me and Alex, I didn't have that much friends when I was little because we live in the country side. I had loved it, loved playing in the meadow with my brother. And then I met Jace, the little Jace I had fallen in love with. Of course, he didn't knew it and he still doesn't.

My dad once had said that there will be that special boy who will come along and would swept me off my feet. Like he was going to be my other half, as he described. I had always admired my parents relationship, sure, they had their up and downs but they got stronger over the years had passed by. They were still together, even now.

I wonder if it will be like that with me and Jace? I gave a short dry laugh to myself, I was to leave in just a couple of months and our marriage would be over. He probably would marry Jordan and have little Jace running around their house.

Sometimes, I wish Jace like me. Just a little bit, I wasn't asking him to propose his undying love for me. All, I wanted, needed is for him to show me some love.

Was it so bad to want something that I know I could never have? Yet, even how much I tell myself that, somehow it was just too hard to believe it. 

I stared out the window, I examined every person that past by at the cafe. I took a sip of my coffee, and looked at the watch wrapped around my wrist. Any minute now, I would see my brother Alex.

After a few minutes past by, the cafe's door clicked open and the bell at the top rang. I smiled, a huge grin plastered on my face as he walked towards me. I hadn't seen Alex since the wedding. 

I waved him over and he gave a little nod on my direction. He was wearing loose shirt that fits him perfectly and worn black jeans. 

"Hey" I said, and pushed a glass of banana smoothie toward his direction.

"Hey, yourself little sis" he stared down at the smoothie, and grinned "My favorite" he suckled on the straw and I watched him fascination. 

That must be a total creep thing to do, but it didn't stop me from doing it. Since the wedding, I don't see much of my family. 

"How's Jace?" he asked.

"He's alright" I replied, and averted my eyes from meeting his.

"Is he being an asshole to you, sis?" 

I shook my head, and lied. "No, everything's fine Alex. I'm just,  really new to this whole thing"

I couldn't tell my brother what was actually happening to us because if I love Jace, I wouldn't say anything stupid about him, especially to my family.

I mean, what would they think of him? Of me? 

"Well, I better go. I'm meeting someone, sis" he ruffled my hair and left.

Hey Lovies! Sorry, this is short and please don't hate me! I'm really trying to get the idea from my head and it's kind of annoying sometimes. Also, don't forget to vote and comment! Your support really means to me and you guys are the reason why I continue to write.

Also, what do you guys think if I run this for Watty Awards 2013? I'm not sure if I should, but I don't really know how anyway. So, what do you guys think?

 And before I forget, please check out the trailer! ------> at the side made by InezMonsterBunny  it's really cool! Please check it out! :D

Enjoy!

Nhica xx