Chapter Ten

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

And if I am dreaming, let the dream be that I'm awake
'Cause I rather dream about you than be living life without me and you.
Dreaming, Beyonce

Chapter Ten

 ‘Amy, I love you” those words had totally shocked me, it was coming from my lover’s lips. I lifted my chin up to gaze at my lover’s bright emerald eyes, losing myself with it. I could stay there staring at his eyes, his wonderful eyes that I had always loved. “Do you love me, too?” he asked.

“I do,” I wrapped my arms around his neck, and crushed my mouth on his. “A definite yes, Jace” I said, through tears. I laughed, feeling so dumb. He put his arms around me and held me tight as if he never wanted to let me go.

His lips once more met mine, and I lost myself in him. The sensation of his body pressing against mine, the softness of his luscious lips. And then suddenly his fingers was pried off my waist, his body no longer pressed against me.

It was like a strong force that was trying to get us apart, “Noooo!” I shouted, my hands reached for him but he was gone already. I was left alone, alone in the dark feeling cold and empty inside.

I felt someone shook my shoulder, murmuring my name. “Amy, Amy!” the shaking didn’t stop, it only continued.

My eyes fluttered wide open, and took my surrounding. I was still in Jace’s house, and he was shaking me, and he looked pissed off.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, “Yeah?” I said, groggy.

“Get up, it’s night time. We need to leave in half an hour, max” he said.

“Why?” I asked, and got up.

“There’s a party tonight, and we were invited. Since they knew that were married, they thought they should invite us” his voice said disgust when he said the word “married” like he couldn’t bear the thought of us married.

Before he left, he said “wear something nice, I don’t want to get embarrass”

And then he closed the door behind him.

I let out a yawn, and wondered back to what I was doing before Jace shook me awake. Oh, that was right. I was dreaming of Jace and me, wishing that we were a real couple. The kiss had felt real though, I touched my lips eventually and imagined how he would kiss me.

I smacked my head with my fist and cursed myself for thinking that. I walked over to my closet and rummaged around on what to wear tonight.

“Remember, don’t embarrass me. If you can help it, stay away from anything or someone you don’t know” Jace murmured. We were inside the limo, on the way to the party.

I gave a nod and turned my face away. Remember, Amy. You’re just a toy to him, a toy that he could change whenever he wanted to. There was a lot of people outside a fancy building, cameras flashing in every direction. The life of being famous and how you’re so popular.

We hopped out and lights immediately flashed before our eyes, I tried not to squirm behind it and covered my eyes. Jace was handling it pretty good, he was smiling and waving at the pretty girls.

A pang of jealousy started at the pit of my heart, I wonder what I look like to these people. You're no nobody to them Amy. They never even noticed you before, then why not? 

The voice in my head was right, no one really noticed me before. I was jut Jace's wife, who felt really insecure to the other girls he had dated, especially the one he was with now

 Many camera man tried to take a few last photos of us, but we were ushered in. I didn't know what to do then, so I waved goodbye and smiled one more time for the camera. 

I was dumb-struck when we got inside, it was so beautiful, that I must be the only one who thought so. There was expensive chandeliers, and tall glasses as decoration. 

Jace was greeted by one of his friends, which kind of left me out. I stood alone looking awkward. Maybe coming with Jace in this party, was a bad idea. I wandered about the party, and collided with someone.

I stumbled backward and before I lost my balance, strong arms caught me. I stared up to see Vincent, looking handsome in a suit.

"Hey!" I said, glad that I saw a familiar face.

"Good evening, my half sister" he gave a quick bow and I suppressed a giggle.

We talked a little and gave me a tour around the building, and showed me around. The people I met was nice and kept asking how was Jace was and I always have replied back politely.

"So, how are you enjoying the party?" Vincent asked, looking curious.

"I'm really liking it. Thanks for the tour" I beamed.

A man that must be around forty had a quick low talk with him, and Vincent shot me a sympathetic look.

"Look, I gotta do something. I'll be right back"

"Yeah, sure! Go" I ushered him to go, and he gave me a look that says "you're-a-life-saver"

I went to the bar station, and ordered myself a drink. Jace was still nowhere to be seen, so I while I was still here, I decided to enjoy myself.

I ordered a few martinis when I finished the first one, and downing my fourth one. The world seemed to have faded a little before my eyes, perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me. I rubbed them but it was the same.

Then suddenly, the world span and I blocked out.