Dumbledore

The dark haired man sat on the couch as he returned from St Mungos hos. He had drowned himself in pain after hearing of the murders. He had drank firewhiskyfor a week to drown out his sorrow . He was the traitor . He had turned to the light side. He wanted protection for Lily and this was his only way but even that did not work out .

Atleast it had seemed to be his only choice. Afterall who could be better than Dumbledore. And he wanted to protect Lily the best he could. Nothing could go wrong he had thought...

But every single thing had gone wrong. The Potters were betrayed. Lily was dead. And James had died protecting her. How he wished to be the one to have been killed. He deserved death. He deserved to be dead. But no! It was Lily who was dead. All thanks to the traitor. Black. The mere thought of Sirius Black brought bile to rise in his throat as his blood boiled with anger. He wanted to torture that man. Lily trusted him. And what did he do? He betrayed her. Sold her to the dark lord as if her life meant nothing at all. But it was precious. It was precious to Severus Snape. He had risked his own life. Turned spy for Dumbledore. And begged him to protect Lily. Pledging to give the old man anything. But it never mattered. Lily Potter was dead. She would never live again. Severus would never hear the laughter. He would never see her alive again as her eyes crinkled up in a smile. Or her emerald green eyes widened in surprised shock and anger on seeing him in Godric's Hollow where he had stood all night on Christmas eve just for a glimpse. To see she was safe. To encourage him to keep going.

He wished he had never gone. The anger that had quickly turned to fear in her eyes when she saw him had ripped his heart out. She knew he was a death eater. She knew he was a monster. And now she was scared of him. She had moved near and whipped out her wand. He stood there staring at her calmly calculating every move with his black eyes. As she moved closer he felt a lump in his throat seeing the pure hatred. He wished he could confess his truth right there. But he couldn't. So he whipped out his own wand. She froze in her steps as the fear returned and he apparated in the small time that he got when she faltered.

As he sat there pondering on his choices in the past year he rubbed his temple and sipped his black coffee wishing desperately he had told her all when he had the chance.

One thought however nagged his brain. He should not have said anything. Now that Lily was dead it did not seem to matter. And he wished he had kept himself a choice. The thought of surrendering to the eccentric old guy no matter how great a wizard he was he couldn't help but think that this could be his biggest mistake. His head started throbbing with thoughts he found hard to reign in and the potions master turned to get himself a painkiller potion. It would remove his stress a bit and help him sleep thus clearing his head and stoping the headache

Just then the doorbell rang and he peeped through the window to take a look at the person at the door. "Great!" he muttered almost sarcastically upon seeing who was at the door. "Just what I needed Albus."

He wondered why he was paying him a visit right now as he opened the door enough to peek out but not allow the visitor any glimpse inside. Very slowly and carefully. "Yes?" Severus asked in his usual silky voice as he opened the door "What may be the purpose of your visit at this hour?"

"Severus we need to talk" came the reply. Severus cocked up an eyebrow. "Indeed." he commented blankly and stepped aside to allow the old man to come in. Dumbledore the greatest wizard of the age, the only one the dark lord was scared of, the eccentric intellegent headmaster of hogwarts strode in without waiting for an invitation. Severus could only scowl at his back as he entered his home. A cold wind blew carrying the stench of the dirty river over to him. He crinkled his nose and closed the door behind him and whirled around anticipating what Dumbledore might have to say to him.