Merlin! I was so wrong...

A/N: Ok guys. New chapter. Hope you people like it. Btw the cover was created by angelic rose4. She made me three covers. And I wantrd to thank her for her efforts. Anyways guys enjoy. And please press that orange button over there. I mean vote. Or leave a comment at least. Thank you for reading till now people. I hope you like the new chapter.

(Shine's p.o.v)

I stood frozen to the spot. I couldnt bring myself to move. Dumbledore walked up to me and rested his hand on my shoulder. I just hurt the one of the only people in the world I truly care bout. I shouldnt have said that. I regretted my words the moment they left my lips.  

I put floo into the fireplace. Using the interschool floo network I checked where he could be by only sticking in my head. Nope. Nowhere. I ran out hoping he wouldnt have gone far. But he wasnt on the same floor. I searched the upper floors. Nope. Not there. 

I searched the entire castle twice. But I couldnt find him anywhere. I searched in the likeliest of place the Great hall. And the dungeons. I even asked Flint if he did seen him.  

And I searched in the most unlikely places. Like Hagrid's hut or Trelawney's tower. If I knew him then the probability of finding him there was equal to the possibility of him being a metamorphmagus.  

Since my search had been unsuccessful I decided to use my ways. I went and searched for Peeves. If he couldnt find him, I had no darn hope. Living at Hogwarts, with a common interest at troubling Filch and my father, we had hit it off instantly. I found him on the third floor of the north tower troubling some first year.  

"Oi Peeves", I shouted to gain his attention.He looked back. He laughed a cackling laugh before he hi-fived me.  

"Yes, dear Snapey long time no see?" 

"Yeah long time Peevsey." 

"Wanna have some fun with ickle firstie?", he said wagging his eyebrows. 

"No Peeves. I well, am searching for my father." 

"You playing hide n seek and you dont ask old Peeves. Not fair.",he said fake pouting. 

"No we are not playing. Will you search him for me, pwease?",I said in a desperate attempt to convince him. I think he seemed to realise that.  

"Desperate stuff calls for desperate measures. Whats in it for me?" 

"Two dung bombs. One for finding him and one for informing me." 

I said knowing he would demand more."Nopitty nope nope. Not for so less. Peeves wants more." 

"Okay! How about five icy mints along with them?" 

"More..more..more.." 

"You are getting greedy. Okay all that and shock gum. But thats all I offer. No more. I cant afford it." 

"Okay. Dear old Peeves will do this for so little but only because you are a friend.: 

"Thanks a lot. And do not annoy him if you find him. And you get the stuff only if you find him.",I yelled behind him as he whooshed away. 

I walked off trying to search him. Every possible place. Wow! He can actually hide. I thought and I realised something. Crap! He is using the disillusionment charm. Holy shit! I have no hope of finding him. He may be right behind me and I would just never know. He might even have been there when I bribed Peeves. 

Great! I had been searching the grounds. I walked up to the castle and told Peeves to abandon the search. 

I walked to the Black lake and I saw the squid. It was lazily basking in the rare winter sun. I sat at the edge of the lake below the tree.